* RE: [ECOS] setting up SLIP/PPP incoming connections
@ 2005-05-20  9:24 Retallack, Mark (Siemens)
From: Retallack, Mark (Siemens) @ 2005-05-20  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gonçalo Antunes; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Ppp has no concept of server or client. It is a peer to peer connection. Each peer can wait for the other end to connect. So Yes, the PPP stack in eCos can act like a "Server".

I don't think SLIP is available.

From: Nick Garnett @ 2005-05-20 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gonçalo Antunes; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Gonçalo Antunes <gmma@gmma.net> writes:

> I understand that PPP only works with FreeBSD stack... but I would
> like to know if there is a way to put the eCos application to wait for
> PPP connections. I want eCos to be the PPP server, not the
> client... is it possible?

See the following for a previous answer to the same question:

http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2005-02/msg00157.html

> If not possible... is SLIP avaiable?

There's no SLIP available.

--

@ 2005-05-20  8:17     ` Gonçalo Antunes

@ 2005-05-20  2:14   ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2005-05-20  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gonçalo Antunes; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2005-05-19 19:40 ` Gonçalo Antunes
From: Gonçalo Antunes @ 2005-05-19 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi to all!

I'm trying to setup an eCos application on a i386 pc.
This application will  focus on serving info throught the eCos HTTP server.
The ethernet component is OK... but I would also like to put up running a
SLIP or PPP server and serve the ecos webpage through it.
Can anyone help me on setting up the PPP server ? Which net Stack do you
recommend?

Thank you very much.

Gonçalo

* [ECOS] setting up SLIP/PPP incoming connections
@ 2005-05-19 15:58 ` Gonçalo Antunes