From: "Ali Sina" <replay688@hotmail.com>
To: msalter@redhat.com
Cc: gary@mlbassoc.com, ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Redboot vs GDB application download (ARM E7T)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:15:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

ok, here something else I tried.
This is now getting slightly superstitious but I guess I will do a lot to
get this to work..

- arm-elf-gdb -nw filename.elf
- load

At the serial port entered "++$k#6b" as suggested by A.Massa (page 202) to
regain Redboot control.

"go -c 0x00010000" will produce the same effect: application starts, runs
for 20 sec. or so, and then suddenly stops all by itself, whereas starting
it with continue is fine.
Any other difference between go and continue?

Or am I missing something really that fundamental? - I really wish..

AS

----------------------------------

    * From: "Ali Sina" <replay688 at hotmail dot com>
    * To: msalter at redhat dot com
    * Cc: gary at mlbassoc dot com, ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot
org
    * Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 06:46:31 +0000
    * Bcc:

Hello,

ok, here is what I did:

-------
RedBoot> cache ON
RedBoot> cache
Data cache: On, Instruction cache: On
RedBoot> load -b 0x00010000 -m xmodem
CCC\x06Entry point: 0x00010040, address range: 0x00010000-0x00037884
xyzModem - CRC mode, 1838(SOH)/0(STX)/0(CAN) packets, 3 retries
RedBoot> go -c 0x00010000
---------

The -c option is to ensure that the caches are on.

I get the same problem, this does not fix it either.
This is crazy

Anything else that could be different from running via GDB? Here is what
works there:
--
arm-elf-gdb -nw filename.elf -x .arm-elf-gdbinit
--

set remotebaud 38400
target remote /dev/ttyS0

Another suggestion was to look after the watchdog timer, but there is
none in the standard E7T which I am using.

AS