* Re: [ECOS] Building Redboot to new target
       [not found] <9d2dad800704030007v23ce3c35jc062807992c9cae9@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2007-04-03  7:41 ` jiang jet
From: jiang jet @ 2007-04-03  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecosred; +Cc: ecos-discuss

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 2692 bytes --]

>From: "Redboot Ecos" <ecosred@gmail.com>
>To: "jiang jet" <jetjiang@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] Building Redboot to new target
>Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:37:51 +0530
>
>Should I edit the options in the redboot.ecc or in the
>redboot_ram.ecm or in the respective .cdl file to configure the code
>to my specific target?

redboot.ecc :no
redboot_ram.ecm: maybe you need do some jobs like this:

    hardware    your_platform_name ;
    template    redboot ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_MIPS v2_0 ;
    package -hardware your_platform_package_name v2_0 ;
    package -template CYGPKG_HAL v2_0 ;
    package -template CYGPKG_REDBOOT v2_0 ;
#    package CYGPKG_IO_FLASH v2_0 ;

@ 2007-04-03 10:59 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2007-04-03 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Redboot Ecos; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Redboot Ecos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to eCos and Redboot. I am planning to port Redboot to my
> target (tgt), which is similar to mbx target supported in the released
> ecos 2.0 package.
> I have some confusion about the files that needs to be changed.
>
> I am planning to do the following changes for running the Redboot from RAM:
>
> 1. Include my target in the ecos.db file, with selected packages required.
> 2. Create a directory under the hal similar to mbx target and copy all
> the files  under mbx to my target directory.
> 3. Now I execute
>    ecosconfig --srcdir=/ecos/packages/ new tgt redboot
>    I get a redboot.ecc.
>    Should I edit the options in the redboot.ecc or in the
> redboot_ram.ecm or in the respective .cdl file to configure the code
> to my specific target?
> 4. Then I change my linker script to my specific target and build
> redboot to get the binary.
>
> Incase something is wrong or missing, please let me know the same.

First, *PLEASE* don't start from 2.0 - it's nearly 5 years old
and very out of date.  Use CVS instead.

Secondly, read the porting guide, part of the standard documentation.
It has lots of good information about how to create new targets and
packages.

Finally, any changes you make for your port go in .CDL files.  The
.ECC files are ethereal (not part of the source tree and are recreated
*every* time you run 'ecosconfig')

* RE: [ECOS] Building Redboot to new target
@ 2007-04-03  6:43 ` jiang jet
From: jiang jet @ 2007-04-03  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecosred; +Cc: ecos-discuss

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 1623 bytes --]

@ 2007-04-03  6:11 Redboot Ecos