* [ECOS] Troubles to run linux Kernel
@ 2006-06-14  9:13 Philippe-Antoine DAVID
From: Philippe-Antoine DAVID @ 2006-06-14  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello every body

I am encountering a Kernel panic while trying to run linux diskless with
Redboot. Th e message is:
"Kernel Panic - not syncing VFS unable to mount root fs on unknown block
(1,0)"
I know it seems more like a linux problem more than redboot, but I would
like to know if I am using redboot correctly (passing the good arguments,
etc...). I my destination platform is a PC motherboard, running redboot from
a floppy  and downloading the kernel and the initrd via th network

Here is what I do:

load -v -r -m http -h xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -b 0x8000000 initrd.gz

load -v -r -m http -h xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -b 0x800000 bzimage

exec -r 0x800000 -s 0x600000 -c "root=/dev/ram0"

Uncompressing Linux ... Ok bootinhg th kernel
(some logs)
"Kernel Panic - not syncing VFS unable to mount root fs on unknown block
(1,0)"

Thanks in advance for your answers

Philippe

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-06-14  9:13 UTC | newest]