* [ECOS] eCos in virtual environment (eCos run on QEMU ARM?)
       [not found] <CAKNGs9jC-YudRqEVBhh4dbSKyUrk767gb=mS727V6P_KtaC0hg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-07-17 13:57 ` Eduardo Fernandes de Conto
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Eduardo Fernandes de Conto @ 2012-07-17 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello everyone,

For my internship, we are trying to port/run eCos on a virtual
environment (RABBITS) we used here that is based on QEMU and simulates
an MPSoC with the ARM architecture (You may find for information here:
http://tima-sls.imag.fr/www/research/rabbits/). I have I couple of
questions that I would be pleased if someone is able to answer to:

- Has someone successfully ran eCos with QEMU simulating the ARM
architecture? If not, does anyone have any tips or ideas for doing it?
I have seen that Grant Edwards has been able to execute eCos using
QEMU with the i386 architecture. I've tried to boot using the ARM
architecture with no success until now though.

- One of the platforms of your environment simulates an ARM11 chip. Is
there is an ARM11 port for eCos?

- Is the ARM architecture compatible with MPSoC?

Thanks for your attention!
--
Eduardo Fernandes de Conto
 - Étudiant en Double Diplôme:

* [ECOS] Re: eCos in virtual environment (eCos run on QEMU ARM?)
@ 2012-07-18 15:09   ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2012-07-18 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 2012-07-17, Eduardo Fernandes de Conto <eduardoconto@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> For my internship, we are trying to port/run eCos on a virtual
> environment (RABBITS) we used here that is based on QEMU and simulates
> an MPSoC with the ARM architecture (You may find for information here:
> http://tima-sls.imag.fr/www/research/rabbits/). I have I couple of
> questions that I would be pleased if someone is able to answer to:
>
> - Has someone successfully ran eCos with QEMU simulating the ARM
> architecture?

I believe eCos has been run on Qemu emulating a Samsung S3C2440 board:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.ecos.general/28091
 http://emboslab.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/emboslab/ecos-emboslab/summary

This page says they run eCos on Qemu emulating a Stellaris EKK-LM3S811
board:

 http://www.open-etech.com/RTOS/Debugging/index.php?page=qemu

Another simulator that might be worth looking at is skyeye

 http://www.skyeye.org/index.shtml

Which according to the page below can run eCos

 http://atomicarm.blogspot.com/2010/01/skyeye-project.html

This page shows running RedBoot on the skyeye simulator which seems to
be emulating some sort of Atmel ARM7 board:

 http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/skyeye/wiki/RedBoot

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Yes, but will I
                                  at               see the EASTER BUNNY in

* [ECOS] Re: eCos in virtual environment (eCos run on QEMU ARM?)
@ 2012-07-18 20:25   ` Eduardo Fernandes de Conto
From: Eduardo Fernandes de Conto @ 2012-07-18 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Thank you, Grant Edwards.
Does anyone know something about some ARM11 port for eCos? Thanks!

--

2012/7/17 Eduardo Fernandes de Conto <eduardoconto@gmail.com>

> Hello everyone,
>
> For my internship, we are trying to port/run eCos on a virtual
> environment (RABBITS) we used here that is based on QEMU and simulates
> an MPSoC with the ARM architecture (You may find for information here:
> http://tima-sls.imag.fr/www/research/rabbits/). I have I couple of
> questions that I would be pleased if someone is able to answer to:
>
> - Has someone successfully ran eCos with QEMU simulating the ARM
> architecture? If not, does anyone have any tips or ideas for doing it?
> I have seen that Grant Edwards has been able to execute eCos using
> QEMU with the i386 architecture. I've tried to boot using the ARM
> architecture with no success until now though.
>
> - One of the platforms of your environment simulates an ARM11 chip. Is
> there is an ARM11 port for eCos?
>
> - Is the ARM architecture compatible with MPSoC?
>

> Thanks for your attention!
> --
> Eduardo Fernandes de Conto
>  - Étudiant en Double Diplôme:
>         Grenoble INP - ENSIMAG (France) et UFRGS (Brésil)
> - Stagiaire Laboratoire TIMA - SLS (http://tima-sls.imag.fr/www)

* AW: [ECOS] eCos in virtual environment (eCos run on QEMU ARM?)
@ 2014-09-12 17:24   ` Richard Rauch
From: Richard Rauch @ 2014-09-12 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Eduardo Fernandes de Conto', ecos-discuss

Hello everyone,

this post is a bit old, but anyway...maybe this issue is still interesting:

we created a very convenient way to run und debug within QEMU target
simulation.
We have described in detail here:
http://tiprom.itrgmbh.com/projects/itr-products-ecos-toolchain/wiki/DebugTar
getConfiguration#Working-with-QEMU-target-simulation

Richard Rauch/ITR GmbH

@ 2014-09-12 17:32     ` Richard Rauch
From: Richard Rauch @ 2014-09-12 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Eduardo Fernandes de Conto', ecos-discuss