* RE: [ECOS] Installing eCos in windows
@ 2003-10-22  8:43 James Yates
From: James Yates @ 2003-10-22  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: Santha Kumar, ecos-discuss

I had problems here, we are using a Microsoft ISA server, even with correctly configuring the proxy, the ISA server ould refuse to allow wget through. I have had the same problem with CVS. I don't know whether there is something strange in the config of the ISA server, I know that it uses some proprietry Authorization mechanism by default, which I had to get changed as browsers like Netscape and Opera couldn't connect to the net.
I know that every n etwork is different, so people might be able to get around particular problems at their site, but for me the ISA server simply won't play ball. Moral is, use the least number of MS products as possible.

	James

From: Imran Khan @ 2007-02-14 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi All,
I want to install eCos in windows and for that purpose I am following
the instructions given in "Downloading & Installation " in eCos home
page.I have downloaded cygwin but as next step when I run
"wget --passive-ftp ftp://ecos.sourceware.org/pub/ecos/ecos-install.tcl"
in cygwin bash shell I am getting error "wget command not found".
I am using windows XP .
If any body has been through this problem please help.

Thanks in advance,
Imran Khan

* Re: [ECOS] Installing eCos in windows
@ 2003-10-22 14:47 Santha Kumar
From: Santha Kumar @ 2003-10-22 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SStrublic, ANDREw, j.yates; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hello

   Thank you very much, as instructed I just included the c:\cygwin\bin path in the windows settings. Now I could open the configuration tool.

I am also talking to the computer center people over here to avoid the firewall. This will take care any related problems in future.

Thanks again

Regards
Santha kumar

>>> "Steve Strublic" <SStrublic@hypercom.com> 10/21/03 10:02PM >>>

You have to run the configtool from a cygwin shell, or include cygwin/bin in your XP environment
PATH.  Have you already done this?

Steve

--------
"Space is almost infinite.  In fact, we think it is infinite."  -- Dan Quayle

                      santhakumar@myw.ltindia.co
                      m                                 To:       ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      ecos-discuss-owner@sources        Subject:  [ECOS] Installing eCos in windows
                      .redhat.com

                      10/21/03 09:18 AM

Hello

      I am trying to install ecos on windows XP. I am not able to access the net through
ecos-install.tcl, so I downloaded all the files using the browser. Extracted all the tar files and
installed the toolchain (hope so). I download the eCos2.0 for cygwin and extracted it using cygwin
and placed the full directory structure in cygwin/opt.

    The problem is when I am running the  configuration tool it is asking for the cygwin1.dll file.
But I could locate that in cygwin/bin .

What could be the problem? any suggestion pls.

Regards
Santha kumar

* Re: [ECOS] Installing eCos in windows
@ 2003-10-21 17:41 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2003-10-21 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Yates; +Cc: Santha Kumar, ecos-discuss

@ 2003-10-21 16:30 James Yates
From: James Yates @ 2003-10-21 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Santha Kumar, ecos-discuss

Are you running through a firewall, particularly a corporate Microsoft Firewall?

If you are, this is your problem. I have to re-connect my PC directly in to the router, bypassing the firewall/proxy server in order to be able to get the ecos-install.tcl script and cvs to work correctly/

		James

@ 2003-10-21 16:18 Santha Kumar