* RE: [ECOS] goAhead not going ahead...
@ 2000-10-30 10:05 Doug Fraser
From: Doug Fraser @ 2000-10-30 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are you using their memory allocator?
Are you declaring each page complete? (I can't remember the call)
I have used goahead under vxWorks and was
very happy with it. It was easy to add persistent
push processing by spawning tasks on certain CGI pages.
Nice tool, especially given the price.

On another note....

Has anyone successfully built the GDB stubs under 1.3.1??
I get linker (address not in RAM) failures....

Doug

From: Robert Cragie @ 2000-10-30  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's a long shot, but it might be heap fragmentation problems. I have
certainly had problems in similar applications using heap allocation with
larg(ish) images. I fixed it using pool memory (i.e. using arrays of
different sized memory chunks). This is wasteful as it typically
overallocates, but there are no fragmentation problems.

Robert Cragie

@ 2000-10-30  8:23 Colin Ford
From: Colin Ford @ 2000-10-30  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2000-10-30  6:54 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2000-10-30  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-Oct-2000 Colin Ford wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've got the goAhead server running on my mips processor,
> which was quite easy. The only problem is that if I try to
> make it reload a page with a jpg on it more than about 15
> times the goAhead server seems to stop responding, my
> background task led blinking stops and nothing moves.
>
> I'm using the latest CVS eCos and the latest goAhead.
>
> Anyone else seen this?

I observed some similar problems, which I traced down to their
internal 'malloc()' functions.  I did not have time to fully
debug it though.

It's a place to start looking.

* [ECOS] GoAhead not going ahead....
@ 2000-10-30  6:22 Colin Ford