* [ECOS] where trace and assert run?
@ 2002-10-28  0:02 张 亮
From: 张 亮 @ 2002-10-28  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 903 bytes --]

All,
  I have debug my application in i386-elf-gdb(host-pc target),every time,a
*.stackdump file will created,I guess it is the trace instuments provided
by ecos that did it,but i do not know its machanism.questions are:
  since trace code was run in target,so  who created this file in
host???and how trace running in target write this file through serial
port??
  because target pc  maybe do not support filesystem,So i guess like this:
program running on target send "create file and write file" command to host
then i386-elf-gdb execute this command.

Brs/johnsonest

* Re: [ECOS] where trace and assert run?
@ 2002-11-04 21:58 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-11-04 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ? ?; +Cc: ecos-discuss

? ? wrote:

> All,
>  I have debug my application in i386-elf-gdb(host-pc target),every
> time,a *.stackdump file will created,I guess it is the trace instuments
> provided by ecos that did it,but i do not know its machanism.questions are:
>  since trace code was run in target,so  who created this file in
> host???

That's nothing to do with eCos. Are you sure it was from GDB at all? I'm
sure the contents might indicate what generated it!

Jifl