* [ECOS] Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98
@ 2000-11-16  9:13 Leandro Vieira
From: Leandro Vieira @ 2000-11-16  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com

Hi,

Sorry, in my  previous message I forgot to attach the error.

I have been trying to get the GNU toolset working under Win98.
My team built the toolset twice, and in both cases we reached
the problem, as described by the image attached.

NOTE: The toolset works fine under NT and Win2000. But,
Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98. gdb command line
works.

The error message (see attachment) while executing Insight. The main.tcl
file actualy does exist in the ecos/tools/share/gdbtcl directory. The
command
line version of GDB works seems to work fine.

Can you suggest a solution or an explanation?

Thanks, Rosimildo.

http://profiles.msn.com .

* Re: [ECOS] Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98
       [not found] <974394824.29805.ezmlm@sources.redhat.com>
@ 2000-11-17  5:05 ` Fano Ramparany
From: Fano Ramparany @ 2000-11-17  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

We have the same problem with Win95 but the documentation
says the eCos development tools can be installed correctly on WinNT, but are
not
guaranteed to work on Win95 and Win98.

Fano

@ 2000-11-16 12:01 casey.j.crawley
From: casey.j.crawley @ 2000-11-16 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leandro Vieira; +Cc: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com

Hello,
You've got a virus on your Windows system.  You'd better clean it up so it won't
propogate.

"Leandro Vieira" <leandro@av.it.pt> on 11/16/2000 10:08:55 AM

To:   "ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com"
      <ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com>
cc:    (bcc: Casey J Crawley/DELCO)

Subject:  [ECOS] Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98

------------------  Virus Warning Message (on plmlir5.mail.eds.com)

Found virus TROJ_NAVIDAD.A in file Navidad.exe
The file Navidad.exe is moved to /var/iscan/virDXJ0Dayhi.

This message included an attachment which appears to contain a virus.  If you
are an EDS user or customer, with access to the EDS*LINK network, please see
http://www.mail.eds.com/antivirus for more information.

Sorry, in my  previous message I forgot to attach the error.

I have been trying to get the GNU toolset working under Win98.
My team built the toolset twice, and in both cases we reached
the problem, as described by the image attached.

NOTE: The toolset works fine under NT and Win2000. But,
Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98. gdb command line
works.

The error message (see attachment) while executing Insight. The main.tcl
file actualy does exist in the ecos/tools/share/gdbtcl directory. The
command
line version of GDB works seems to work fine.

Can you suggest a solution or an explanation?

Thanks, Rosimildo.

http://profiles.msn.com .

------------------  Virus Warning Message (on plmlir5.mail.eds.com)

Navidad.exe is removed from here because it contains a virus.

     by plmlir5.mail.eds.com (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAGHQlY18231
     for <casey.j.crawley@delphiauto.com>; Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:26:47 -0500 (EST)

     by plmlir5.mail.eds.com (8.11.0/8.11.0) with ESMTP id eAGHLsM14032
     for <casey.j.crawley@delphiauto.com>; Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:21:54 -0500 (EST)

     by plmler3.mail.eds.com (8.11.0/8.11.0) with SMTP id eAGHLpv01693
     for <casey.j.crawley@delphiauto.com>; Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:21:51 -0500 (EST)

Sender: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
From: "Leandro Vieira" <leandro@av.it.pt>
To: "ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com" <ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com>

Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:08:55 -0000

|--------------------------------------->
|usabhmg98/g/server/delphiauto          |
|usabhh99/us/delphiauto                 |
|USKOKHM1/DELCO                         |
|USKOKM07/DELCO                         |
|--------------------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------|
  |11/16/2000 12:26:32 PM - 11/16/2000    |
  |12:26:33 PM                            |
  |11/16/2000 12:26:34 PM - 11/16/2000    |
  |12:26:59 PM                            |
  |11/16/2000 12:26:59 PM - 11/16/2000    |
  |12:27:02 PM                            |
  |11/16/2000 12:26:39 PM - 11/16/2000    |
  |12:26:39 PM                            |

@ 2000-10-13 11:47 Rosimildo daSilva
From: Rosimildo daSilva @ 2000-10-13 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

>From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com>
>
>And indeed looking at
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2000-q2/msg00297.html and
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2000-q2/msg00308.html this is a known
>issue. The followups say to make sure you have the latest cygwin and get a
>more recent Insight than version 5.0, i.e. one of the snapshots.
>
>I had better update the docs accordingly.

Thanks, Jonathan.

That is all I needed to know.

@ 2000-10-13  9:40   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-10-13  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bartv; +Cc: rosimildo, ecos-discuss

Bart Veer wrote:

>     Rosimildo> I have been trying to get the GNU toolset working under
>     Rosimildo> Win98. My team built the toolset twice, and in both
>     Rosimildo> cases we reached the problem, as described by the image
>     Rosimildo> attached.
>
>     Rosimildo> NOTE: The toolset works fine under NT and Win2000. But,
>     Rosimildo> Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98. gdb command line
>     Rosimildo> works.
>
>     Rosimildo> The error message (see attachment) while executing
>     Rosimildo> Insight. The main.tcl file actualy does exist in the
>     Rosimildo> ecos/tools/share/gdbtcl directory. The command line
>     Rosimildo> version of GDB works seems to work fine.
>
>     Rosimildo> Can you suggest a solution or an explanation?
>
> Not a message I remember seeing before, I am afraid. Your best bet is
> probably the cygwin and/or insight mailing lists,
> http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html
> You may find something relevant by searching the archives, or you may
> need to actually post to those lists.

And indeed looking at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2000-q2/msg00297.html and
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2000-q2/msg00308.html this is a known
issue. The followups say to make sure you have the latest cygwin and get a
more recent Insight than version 5.0, i.e. one of the snapshots.

I had better update the docs accordingly.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98
@ 2000-10-13  9:29 ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2000-10-13  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rosimildo; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Rosimildo> I have been trying to get the GNU toolset working under
    Rosimildo> Win98. My team built the toolset twice, and in both
    Rosimildo> cases we reached the problem, as described by the image
    Rosimildo> attached.

    Rosimildo> NOTE: The toolset works fine under NT and Win2000. But,
    Rosimildo> Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98. gdb command line
    Rosimildo> works.

    Rosimildo> The error message (see attachment) while executing
    Rosimildo> Insight. The main.tcl file actualy does exist in the
    Rosimildo> ecos/tools/share/gdbtcl directory. The command line
    Rosimildo> version of GDB works seems to work fine.

    Rosimildo> Can you suggest a solution or an explanation?

Not a message I remember seeing before, I am afraid. Your best bet is
probably the cygwin and/or insight mailing lists,
http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html
You may find something relevant by searching the archives, or you may
need to actually post to those lists.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer

* [ECOS] Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98
@ 2000-10-13  6:07 Rosimildo daSilva
From: Rosimildo daSilva @ 2000-10-13  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Sorry, in my  previous message I forgot to attach the error.

I have been trying to get the GNU toolset working under Win98.
My team built the toolset twice, and in both cases we reached
the problem, as described by the image attached.

NOTE: The toolset works fine under NT and Win2000. But,
Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98. gdb command line
works.

The error message (see attachment) while executing Insight. The main.tcl
file actualy does exist in the ecos/tools/share/gdbtcl directory. The
command
line version of GDB works seems to work fine.

Can you suggest a solution or an explanation?

Thanks, Rosimildo.

http://profiles.msn.com .

[-- Attachment #2: gdberror.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 44751 bytes --]

* [ECOS] Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98
@ 2000-10-13  5:59 Rosimildo daSilva