* [ECOS] Re: a question about porting a linux program on ecos
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.33.0507291421370.31050-100000@ic.vlsi.itb.ac.id>
@ 2005-07-29 12:22 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-07-29 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Indra Antonius Simalango; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 14:29 +0700, Indra Antonius Simalango wrote:
> Dear Mr Thomas,
>
> First, let me introduce myself. I am Indra, a final year student in
> Bandung, Institute of Technology. I'm currently doing my final project
> using eCos.

Please send such questions to the eCos mailing list so that all may
benefit.  Private support is only available with a support contract.
I'm happy to help whenever possible, but only in the public forum.

> I've built my eCos for target pci386. I've adopted a program that open a
> pc serial port, then trying to set it up for fax - modem communication.
>
> I've also read your question about porting a linux program on eCos on
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-01/msg00182.html
> and also read
> http://www.easysw.com/~mike/serial/
>
> Just like you've said, a couple of things to note about using this with
> eCos :
> * You need to enable the serial I/O drivers as this is not
>   done automatically.
> * The actual device names vary from target platform to platform.
> * You also need to "wire" the termio device to a corresponding
>   serial I/O device.
>
> I've tried to enable the serial I/O drivers, as shown below.
>

> It's my quote snippet :
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <string.h>
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <fcntl.h>
> #include <errno.h>
> #include <termios.h>
>
> #define FAXDEV "/dev/termios1"
>
> int main()
> {
> 	int fd,rc;
>   	struct termios termios;
>
>   	if((fd = open(FAXDEV ,O_NONBLOCK | O_RDWR | O_NOCTTY)) < 0) {
>   		fprintf(stderr, "error opening '%s'\n", FAXDEV);
>   		exit(-1);
>   	}
>
> I've found it given an error message, error opening /dev/termios1. But if
> I change /dev/termios1 to /dev/ser1, it could run sucessfully.
>
> I've also made some configurations on my file ecos.ecc in order to use
> posix termios  facilities:
> cdl_option CYGOPT_IO_SERIAL_SUPPORT_NONBLOCKING {
>     user_value 1
> };
> cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_FLOW_CONTROL {
>     user_value 1
> };
> cdl_component CYGOPT_IO_SERIAL_FLOW_CONTROL_SOFTWARE {
>     user_value 1
> };
> cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS {
>     user_value 1
> };
> cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS_TERMIOS1 {
>     user_value 1
> };
> cdl_option CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS_TERMIOS1_DEV {
>     user_value 1

This should read:
    user_value "\"/dev/ser1\""

> };
> cdl_option CYGSEM_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS_USE_SIGNALS {
>     user_value 1
> };
> cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES {
>     user_value 1
> };
>
> Did I miss anything here? Or maybe, more basically, how can I use termios
> on posix ecos?
>
> Thank you.

* Re: [ECOS] Re: a question about porting a linux program on ecos
@ 2005-07-30 13:31   ` Indra Antonius Simalango
From: Indra Antonius Simalango @ 2005-07-30 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Gary Thomas wrote:

> > cdl_option CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS_TERMIOS1_DEV {
> >     user_value 1
>
> This should read:
>     user_value "\"/dev/ser1\""

Okay, I've changed it. But still it did not give a better result, the
posix termios still did not work well.

I've reconfigured my ecos using configtool. In my file ecos.ecc, what
value should I put in this part ?

# POSIX termios implementation header
#
cdl_option CYGBLD_ISO_TERMIOS_HEADER {
    # Flavor: booldata
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 0 0
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 0 0
};

I'm just thinking maybe I should make some changes, especially related to
any 'posix termios' options.

Thank you.

--
	regards,

	IndrA on 20:26, Jul 30

	http://ic.ee.itb.ac.id/~antonius

* Re: [ECOS] Re: a question about porting a linux program on ecos
@ 2005-07-30 15:31     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-07-30 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Indra Antonius Simalango; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 08:31:21PM +0700, Indra Antonius Simalango wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Gary Thomas wrote:
>
> > > cdl_option CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS_TERMIOS1_DEV {
> > >     user_value 1
> >
> > This should read:
> >     user_value "\"/dev/ser1\""
>
> Okay, I've changed it. But still it did not give a better result, the
> posix termios still did not work well.
>
> I've reconfigured my ecos using configtool. In my file ecos.ecc, what
> value should I put in this part ?
>
> # POSIX termios implementation header
> #
> cdl_option CYGBLD_ISO_TERMIOS_HEADER {
>     # Flavor: booldata
>     # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
>     # user_value 0 0
>     # value_source default
>     # Default value: 0 0
> };

The configuration tool will set this correctly.

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Re: a question about porting a linux program on ecos
@ 2005-07-30 15:47       ` Indra Antonius Simalango
From: Indra Antonius Simalango @ 2005-07-30 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Well, I just curious, because by default, it left uncheck when I
configured it with configtool.

--
	regards,

	IndrA on 22:43, Jul 30

	http://ic.ee.itb.ac.id/~antonius

* [ECOS] ecos.ecc configuration for posix termios
@ 2005-07-31  8:11       ` Indra Antonius Simalango
From: Indra Antonius Simalango @ 2005-07-31  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Dear all,

Does anyone have successfully use posix termios for serial port
communication for target pc-i386? I've tried to configure my ecos for this
purpose, but looks like it still can detect my pc serial port that
connected to fax-modem. If you dont'mind, please share your ecos.ecc
configuration.

Thank you.

--
	regards,

	IndrA on 14:38, Jul 31

	http://ic.ee.itb.ac.id/~antonius

* Re: [ECOS] ecos.ecc configuration for posix termios
@ 2005-08-02 17:53         ` Indra Antonius Simalango
From: Indra Antonius Simalango @ 2005-08-02 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Dear all,

After a lot of googling, I've found a reference about configuring ecos in
order to use posix termios on this page :
http://dsl.ee.unsw.edu.au/dsl-cdrom/unsw/projects/ecos/README.html

Eventhough it built on different hardware platform , but it's quite a
good example.

Thank you.

--
	regards,