* [ECOS] Memory leakage problem with GoAhead web server
@ 2007-06-06 16:07 John Mills
From: John Mills @ 2007-06-06 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

All -

I'm working on an embedded eCos/MIPS32/OpenSSL product which I recently
converted from eCos' basic 'httpd' to the free version of the 'GoAhead'
server. Now I experience memory leakage.

I test with a simple script that repeatedly invokes 'wget' to request the
default index page over an 'https' link, and find the web server gradually
claiming more and more dynamic memory - until the server finally fails to
accept new connections.

If other users have encountered this problem or could suggest ways to
narrow the diagnosis, I would really appreciate hearing about it.

TIA.

 - John Mills

* Re: [ECOS] Memory leakage problem with GoAhead web server
@ 2007-06-06 16:24 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2007-06-06 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Mills; +Cc: ecos-discuss

* Re: [ECOS] Memory leakage problem with GoAhead web server
@ 2007-06-06 19:03   ` John Mills
From: John Mills @ 2007-06-06 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Users; +Cc: Gary Thomas

Gary, eCos users -

Thanks. A search of eCos archives did turn up a lot of references - most
centering on GoAhead's 'socketSelect'. There was also one (c/o Grant
Edwards) regarding secure links and authorization which might be exactly
my problem, but I didn't find any detail on it. Does anyone have a
specific pointer to that issue?

Thanks.
 - John Mills

@ 2007-06-07  3:16     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-06-07  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Mills; +Cc: eCos Users, Gary Thomas

> Thanks. A search of eCos archives did turn up a lot of references - most
> centering on GoAhead's 'socketSelect'. There was also one (c/o Grant
> Edwards) regarding secure links and authorization which might be exactly
> my problem, but I didn't find any detail on it.

Please could you provide a URL into the archive for this message.

       Thanks
        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Memory leakage problem with GoAhead web server
@ 2007-06-07  4:08       ` John Mills
From: John Mills @ 2007-06-07  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: eCos Users, Andrew Lunn, Gary Thomas

Andrew -

Grant Edward's note comes up at:
 [http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-01/msg00045.html]

Please post if you get more details. Thanks.

 - John Mills

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> > Thanks. A search of eCos archives did turn up a lot of references - most
> > centering on GoAhead's 'socketSelect'. There was also one (c/o Grant
> > Edwards) regarding secure links and authorization which might be exactly
> > my problem, but I didn't find any detail on it.
>
> Please could you provide a URL into the archive for this message.
>
>        Thanks
>         Andrew

* [ECOS]  Re: Memory leakage problem with GoAhead web server
@ 2007-06-07  4:43         ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2007-06-07  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 2007-06-06, John Mills <johnmills@speakeasy.net> wrote:

Firstly, the goahead newsgroup is probably a good place to
look. There are a number of thread about memory leaks and how
to fix them.

nttp://news.goahead.com/goahead.public.webserver

>  [http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-01/msg00045.html]

I'll look through my ecos source tree to try to see what I was
talking about...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Are we laid back yet?
                                  at

* [ECOS]  Re: Memory leakage problem with GoAhead web server
@ 2007-06-07  8:49           ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2007-06-07  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 2007-06-06, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:
> On 2007-06-06, John Mills <johnmills@speakeasy.net> wrote:
>
> Firstly, the goahead newsgroup is probably a good place to
> look. There are a number of thread about memory leaks and how
> to fix them.
>
> nttp://news.goahead.com/goahead.public.webserver
>
>>  [http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-01/msg00045.html]

I think I was referring to this problem from the above newsgroup:

[...]

I implemented this suggestion under Windows 2000 and now GoAhead traps when
with the one I tested with).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! In Newark the
                                  at               laundromats are open 24