* [ECOS] Help !!
@ 2005-06-16  8:49 Annamalai Prakash  K. (Tata Elxsi )
From: Annamalai Prakash  K. (Tata Elxsi ) @ 2005-06-16  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

 Hi,

            I am using ARM Integrator Board /AP (arm920t) with 128MB RAM. It
would be very greatful, if anyone provide some suggestion for my doubts...

	1. Is there any way to fi want to know, How much RAM space consumed by my
ecos + application ?..

I have choosen very basic io functionalities like serial port and flash
support.(removed networking packages) ... my application is thread program.
(twothread.c - thread example program comes along with ecos).  I would like
to test this application in an enviroment where i have only 256KB of RAM .

         2.  is it possible to simulate the above sincerio in my existing
environment ?.. what are the changes, should i do ?.. Could any provide my
suggestion ....

           Apart from this, i need redboot also required to boot the Board
...  i thought to make executable to run from Flash ..

        Looking for more Inputs  regarding this ....

Thanks
Prakash

* Re: [ECOS] Help !!
@ 2005-06-16 20:17 ` John Carter
From: John Carter @ 2005-06-16 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Annamalai Prakash  K. (Tata Elxsi ); +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Annamalai Prakash  K. (Tata Elxsi ) wrote:

> 	1. Is there any way to fi want to know, How much RAM space consumed by my
> ecos + application ?..

arm-elf-size, although arm-elf-objdump --syms gives you more details where
it went.

> I have choosen very basic io functionalities like serial port and flash
> support.(removed networking packages) ... my application is thread program.
> (twothread.c - thread example program comes along with ecos).  I would like
> to test this application in an enviroment where i have only 256KB of RAM .

Mostly dosn't matter as the linker gc drops things you don't use.

>         2.  is it possible to simulate the above sincerio in my existing
> environment ?.. what are the changes, should i do ?.. Could any provide my
> suggestion ....

Yes, fiddle the memory map (.mlt) file, if the lib/target.ld is right, the
linker will whinge if you exceed the ram requirements.

PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email : john.carter@tait.co.nz
New Zealand

Carter's Clarification of Murphy's Law.

From this principle, all of life and physics may be deduced.

* Re: [ECOS] Help!
@ 2001-04-10 13:19     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-04-10 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: windy; +Cc: ecos-discuss

windy wrote:

> > > We have ported ecos to our arm7 system.It seems work well,But division fail always confuses us.

[snip]
> Today I have traced into __divsf3 . The bus error is reported when executing the instruction like "LDR R2, [R1,#2]".
> When 'LDR' is used to load data which is not word align ,it will always cause bus error.
> It seems arm7 on Samsung S3C44 box couldn't execute this type instruction correctly, although the manual book says
> support. So strange!

See the thread "Access unaligned address" which I just replied to. This
looks like the same issue.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Help!
@ 2001-04-07  4:46   ` windy
From: windy @ 2001-04-07  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> > We have ported ecos to our arm7 system.It seems work well,But division fail always confuses us.
> >
> > the function which list below is my thread entry,I will create and execute it in cyg_user_start
> >
> > void our_app1(int argc,char* argv[])
> > {
> >         float numerator,denominator;
> >         numerator = 4000;
> >         denominator = 100;
> >         numerator /= denominator;   ==>every time step over here,gdb will report "bus error",Why?
> > }
> > Who can tell me why the gdb alway report bus error,and what should I do?
>
> Where exactly does it fail? If you are using an arm7di (i.e. with no fast
> multiplier) are you compiling with -mcpu=arm7di?
>
> Jifl
> --
Today I have traced into __divsf3 . The bus error is reported when executing the instruction like "LDR R2, [R1,#2]".
When 'LDR' is used to load data which is not word align ,it will always cause bus error.
It seems arm7 on Samsung S3C44 box couldn't execute this type instruction correctly, although the manual book says
support. So strange!

Windy

* Re: [ECOS] Help!
       [not found] <200104060641.XAA13189@cygnus.com>
@ 2001-04-06  8:13 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-04-06  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: windy; +Cc: ecos-discuss

windy wrote:

> We have ported ecos to our arm7 system.It seems work well,But division fail always confuses us.
>
> the function which list below is my thread entry,I will create and execute it in cyg_user_start
>
> void our_app1(int argc,char* argv[])
> {
>         float numerator,denominator;
>         numerator = 4000;
>         denominator = 100;
>         numerator /= denominator;   ==>every time step over here,gdb will report "bus error",Why?
> }
> Who can tell me why the gdb alway report bus error,and what should I do?

Where exactly does it fail? If you are using an arm7di (i.e. with no fast
multiplier) are you compiling with -mcpu=arm7di?

> the function _simple_mkdate in wallclock.inl maybe miss a parentheses,doesn't it?

Good catch.

Jifl

* RE: [ECOS] Help!
@ 2001-04-06  4:09 Nielsen Linus
From: Nielsen Linus @ 2001-04-06  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Well, I don't know the first thing about ARM7, but how about floating point
support? Is it in hardware or is it emulated in software? If you have
compiled
the code for an ARM with hardware floating point support, and then run it on
a system without hardware floating point, you might get a problem like this.
Maybe the floating point emulation library needs some initialisation or the
like?

/Linus

> We have ported ecos to our arm7 system.It seems work well,But
> division fail always confuses us.
>
> the function which list below is my thread entry,I will
> create and execute it in cyg_user_start
>
> void our_app1(int argc,char* argv[])
> {
> 	float numerator,denominator;
> 	numerator = 4000;
> 	denominator = 100;
> 	numerator /= denominator;   ==>every time step over
> here,gdb will report "bus error",Why?
> }
> Who can tell me why the gdb alway report bus error,and what
> should I do?
>

> the function _simple_mkdate in wallclock.inl maybe miss a
> parentheses,doesn't it?
>
> static void
> _simple_mkdate(time_t time,
>                cyg_uint32* year, cyg_uint32* mon,
>                cyg_uint32* day, cyg_uint32* hour,
>                cyg_uint32* min, cyg_uint32* sec)
> {
>     cyg_int32 days, hms, y, m, *dpm;
>
>     days = (cyg_int32) (time / (24*60*60));
>     hms  = (cyg_int32) (time % (24*60*60));
>
>     // Nothing fancy about the time - no leap year magic involved
>     *sec = hms % 60;
>     *min = (hms % (60*60)) / 60;
>     *hour = hms / 60*60;   ==============> *hour = hms/(60*60);

> }