* [ECOS] eCos-based applications
@ 2007-04-02  7:15 Fabian Scheler
From: Fabian Scheler @ 2007-04-02  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello everybody,

I am searching for eCos-based applications/systems that are available
in source code. I am doing some research in the area of real-time
embedded systems and I seeking for some case studies to evaluate the
usage of the employed real-time system. My ambitious goal is to built
a source code transformation system to "convert" (i.e. port) real-time
applications between different operating systems automatically to an
extent as great as possible. I would also be glad about pointers to
applications systems based on other RTOS like FreeRTOS, uCOS-II, OSEK
... Up to now google was not really helpful.

Thanks in advance, Fabian

* Re: [ECOS] eCos-based applications
@ 2007-04-08 17:49 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-04-08 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Scheler; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 09:15:32AM +0200, Fabian Scheler wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am searching for eCos-based applications/systems that are available
> in source code. I am doing some research in the area of real-time
> embedded systems and I seeking for some case studies to evaluate the
> usage of the employed real-time system. My ambitious goal is to built
> a source code transformation system to "convert" (i.e. port) real-time
> applications between different operating systems automatically to an
> extent as great as possible. I would also be glad about pointers to
> applications systems based on other RTOS like FreeRTOS, uCOS-II, OSEK

I don't know of any open source applications using eCos. Most people
using eCos are commercial entities making products. There intellectual
property is there application source code. So they don't want to give
it away.

   Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] eCos-based applications
@ 2007-04-10  7:19   ` Klaas Gadeyne
From: Klaas Gadeyne @ 2007-04-10  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: Fabian Scheler, ecos-discuss

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 09:15:32AM +0200, Fabian Scheler wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I am searching for eCos-based applications/systems that are available
>> in source code. I am doing some research in the area of real-time
>> embedded systems and I seeking for some case studies to evaluate the
>> usage of the employed real-time system. My ambitious goal is to built
>> a source code transformation system to "convert" (i.e. port) real-time
>> applications between different operating systems automatically to an
>> extent as great as possible. I would also be glad about pointers to
>> applications systems based on other RTOS like FreeRTOS, uCOS-II, OSEK
>
> I don't know of any open source applications using eCos. Most people
> using eCos are commercial entities making products. There intellectual
> property is there application source code. So they don't want to give
> it away.

The Orocos <http://www.orocos.org/> project has ported its real-time
toolkit to eCos.  Expect the code to be in the public repository in
the next two months.

Klaas