* [ECOS] Re: eCos with the existing boot loader problem
       [not found] <3B545DC5.641AA6DA@in.ceeyes.com>
@ 2001-07-17  9:56 ` shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara
From: shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara @ 2001-07-17  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

I have a boot loader for my ARM 7TDMI based SOC board. It will just copy
the image from the flash to the RAM and gives a jump to the predefined
location. We were able to load any image built using ARM SDT 2.51 and
multi-ICE. But we are not able to load the eCOS generated with RAM boot
option. I am using cygwin, binutils 2.10, gcc 2.95.2 on Windows
platform. Is it possible to use such kind of boot loader for eCos?
Please help.

Thanks in anticipation
Shobhan

* [ECOS] Re: eCos with the existing boot loader problem
@ 2001-07-17  9:58   ` shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara
From: shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara @ 2001-07-17  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: shobana

Hello,

I have a boot loader for my ARM 7TDMI based SOC board. It will just copy
the image from the flash to the RAM and gives a jump to the predefined
location. We were able to load any image built using ARM SDT 2.51 and
multi-ICE. But we are not able to load the eCOS generated with RAM boot
option. I am using cygwin, binutils 2.10, gcc 2.95.2 on Windows
platform. Is it possible to use such kind of boot loader for eCos?
Please help.

Thanks in anticipation
Shobhan

* Re: [ECOS] Re: eCos with the existing boot loader problem
@ 2001-07-17 12:17     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-17 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara; +Cc: ecos-discuss

shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a boot loader for my ARM 7TDMI based SOC board. It will just copy
> the image from the flash to the RAM and gives a jump to the predefined
> location. We were able to load any image built using ARM SDT 2.51 and
> multi-ICE. But we are not able to load the eCOS generated with RAM boot
> option. I am using cygwin, binutils 2.10, gcc 2.95.2 on Windows
> platform. Is it possible to use such kind of boot loader for eCos?

Probably. For a start, are you sure you are in supervisor mode when
execution is transferred. Secondly, disable CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR.
Finally check your entry point - it should be reset_vector. After that -
well, if you've got an ICE you should be able to debug it pretty well.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* Re: [ECOS] Re: eCos with the existing boot loader problem
@ 2001-07-18  0:11       ` shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara
From: shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara @ 2001-07-18  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi
   I could not find CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR option for ARM Target. Can you
please let me know where we can find that option ?

Please let me know how to use ICE with eCos ..

thanks in advance
shobhan

@ 2001-07-18  2:58         ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-18  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara; +Cc: ecos-discuss

shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara wrote:

> Hi
>    I could not find CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR option for ARM Target. Can you
> please let me know where we can find that option ?

Under the platform HAL. i.e. under HAL options there should be a tree of
options for your particular platform. In there.

> Please let me know how to use ICE with eCos ..

That I don't know for sure. I'm only guessing.

@ 2001-07-22 11:34     ` shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara
From: shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara @ 2001-07-22 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss, shobana

Hello,

I have a boot loader for my ARM 7TDMI based SOC board. It will just copy
the image from the flash to the RAM and gives a jump to the predefined
location.

Is it possible to use such kind of boot loader for eCos?

I given a jump to vectors location using my boot loader. I have tryed both
0x0 & 0x1000 RAM locations. We have loaded the binary file. But still It is
not working.

Any other way to do this, please help.

I am using cygwin, binutils 2.10, gcc 2.95.2 on Windows
platform.

Thanks in anticipation
Shobhan

* [ECOS] How to execute the program in eCos for ARM
@ 2001-07-22 11:52       ` shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara
From: shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara @ 2001-07-22 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss, shobana

Hello,

I have a boot loader with that I am able to download the image on to the Flash.
The boot loader for ARM 7TDMI based SOC board.  With a jump to a predefined
location my boot loader should start the execution of the program, but it is
not happening.

I have given a jump to vectors location. I tried with both the binary and elf
images at 0x0, 0x1000 locations of the RAM. But it is not working. What will be
the problem???

Is there any other way to execute the program on my ARM7 TDMI based SOC
board???. If so, please help me .

I am using gcc compiler cross compiled for ARM processor (arm-elf-gcc,
arm-elf-ld, arm-elf-objdump, arm-elf-objcopy etc) on windows Host using eCos as
Operating System.

Please help if I am on right path or not ??
Please let me know How to solve this problem??

regards
Shobhan

* Re: [ECOS] How to execute the program in eCos for ARM
@ 2001-07-23 23:36         ` Jaiprakash
From: Jaiprakash @ 2001-07-23 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi,
 I have a boot loader with that I am able to download the image on to the
Flash.
> The boot loader for ARM 7TDMI based SOC board.  With a jump to a
predefined
> location my boot loader should start the execution of the program, but it
is
> not happening.

If you have changed the startup location in the ecos.ecc as flash, you need
to provide the memory configuration of your board in the .ldi files in the
pkgconf directory of arm. see to it that the changes are reflected in the
header files (mlt_arm_pid_rom.h, mlt_arm_pid_ram.h).

> I have given a jump to vectors location. I tried with both the binary and
elf
> images at 0x0, 0x1000 locations of the RAM. But it is not working. What
will be
> the problem???

for RAM startup follow the same instructions with the necessary changes in
the .ecc and ldi files.
This method holds good as long as you are using manual configuration tool on
linux. on windows you can do the changes on the memory layout window.

* Re: [ECOS] How to execute the program in eCos for ARM
@ 2001-07-24  8:43           ` Cristiano Ligieri Pereira
From: Cristiano Ligieri Pereira @ 2001-07-24  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Is it necessary to change the definitions of SA11X0_ROM_BANK0_BASE and
SA11X0_RAM_BANK0_BASE in the file
packages/hal/arm/sa11x0/var/current/include/hal_sa11x0.h the memory
mapping of your (my) board?

Thanks,
Cristiano.

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira - http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cpereira

@ 2001-07-24  8:45             ` Cristiano Ligieri Pereira
From: Cristiano Ligieri Pereira @ 2001-07-24  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I hit the send by mistake in the previous one... :-)

Is it necessary to change the definitions of SA11X0_ROM_BANK0_BASE and
SA11X0_RAM_BANK0_BASE in the file
packages/hal/arm/sa11x0/var/current/include/hal_sa11x0.h to match the
memory mapping of the board?