* [ECOS] RE: RE: porting to Atmel-AT91, stub memory-layout, .bss does
@ 2000-10-30  6:20 Andreas Bürgel
From: Andreas Bürgel @ 2000-10-30  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

> The two largest contributors here seem to be the startup stack (4K)
> and the GDB remote communication buffers (4K).  Even if you could
> totally eliminate them, which you can't, you'd barely be under
> your 8K total.

> But then what?  What do you expect to do with a system that has
> no other memory?

The system has 2MB of RAM additionally, but between the RAM and the CPU
there's a FPGA used as DRAM-Controller ( Refresh ...). This means that
the stub-platform-init-code has to initialize the FPGA before this
memory is usable. The init-code has also to call the remap
command-sequence of the AT91, which maps the on-chip-SRAM to 0x00000000
and the boot-flash to some other start address.

Andreas Bürgel   Software Engineer
ab@genologic.de  GenoLogic GmbH, Dortmund, Germany

* RE: [ECOS] RE: RE: porting to Atmel-AT91, stub memory-layout, .b
@ 2000-10-30  6:57 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2000-10-30  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Bürgel; +Cc: ecos-discuss