* Re: [ECOS] Assabet real time clock resolution
       [not found] <3A37E2C3.199576AE@ee.ucla.edu>
@ 2000-12-13 13:06 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2000-12-13 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vlasios Tsiatsis; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 13-Dec-2000 Vlasios Tsiatsis wrote:
> I guess the notion of time begins as soon as the scheduler is started, that is after the end of
> cyg_user_start() . Am i right ?

Yes, there are no interrupts serviced (and thus no timer 'ticks') until
the scheduler is started.

* [ECOS] Assabet real time clock resolution
@ 2000-12-11 16:20 Vlasios Tsiatsis
From: Vlasios Tsiatsis @ 2000-12-11 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

i want to change the real time clock resolution from 100 ticks/sec to
1000 ticks/sec for
eCos running on an Assabet board. I am developing eCos on a Linux
machine
so i have to manually configure eCos if necessary.
I noticed that i cannot change the ecos.ecc (configuration file) because
the real time clock resolution is not modifiable by the user.
So i tried to obtain a handle to the real time clock and change the
resolution
inside cyg_user_start() but the resolution remains the same.

Is it a limitation of the board or am i doing something wrong ?

thanks,
vlasios