* [ECOS] RedBoot: Intel bootblock build on big-endian
@ 2001-02-14 10:52 Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2001-02-14 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Trying to build Intel boot-block flash support on big-endian
ARM fails.  It looks like the special make commands that are
done to generate PIC code don't pay attention to endian
configuration.

Since I'm not running RedBoot in ROM anyway, I've modified the
generic flash device and the Intel boot-block flash device to
pay attention to whether or not CYG_HAL_STARTUP_ROM is set.  If
not, it skips the copy-PIC-code-to-data-space stuff.

It builds cleanly, but I'm waiting to get a board with Intel
flash so I can test it.  I'll submit a patch (with a Changelog
entry!) once I'm satisfied that it works.

Anyway, people running from ROM on a big-endian ARM will need
to fix the special "make" stuff in the CDL file.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com

* RE: [ECOS] RedBoot: Intel bootblock build on big-endian
@ 2001-02-15  5:56 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-02-15  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Edwards; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Actually, we're working on ways of removing all of this "magic"
anyway, so these problems should soon disappear.