* [ECOS] getting started
@ 2006-07-12 13:42 Gaste, Olivier
From: Gaste, Olivier @ 2006-07-12 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello
at first I want to say that before posting here I ve read many times all
documentaions pages for downloading an installation of ecos pakages (and
mutch more)
I'm trying to use configtool under Win2000 with cygwin
It starts and try to load pakage directory fo all pakage in the ecos.db file
it blinks "this pakage does not have any valid version subdirectory" after
what it stops immediatly without any other informations ... May be is it
because I got the ecos 2.0 pakage with the wget command instead of CVS ??

Olivier GASTÉ

* Re: [ECOS] getting started
@ 2006-07-12 13:58 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2006-07-12 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gaste, Olivier; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Gaste, Olivier wrote:
> Hello
> at first I want to say that before posting here I ve read many times all
> documentaions pages for downloading an installation of ecos pakages (and
> mutch more)
> I'm trying to use configtool under Win2000 with cygwin
> It starts and try to load pakage directory fo all pakage in the ecos.db file
> it blinks "this pakage does not have any valid version subdirectory" after
> what it stops immediatly without any other informations ... May be is it
> because I got the ecos 2.0 pakage with the wget command instead of CVS ??

This is (IIRC) a CygWin problem.  Try using the latest tools from:
       http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml

Hint: you'll be much better off if you use the latest CVS source tree,
not the [4 year] old eCos 2.0

* Re: [ECOS] getting started
@ 2006-07-12 14:08   ` Hans Hübner
From: Hans Hübner @ 2006-07-12 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

2006/7/12, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>:
> Hint: you'll be much better off if you use the latest CVS source tree,
> not the [4 year] old eCos 2.0

Why is it so easy to download eCos 2.0 if it is obsolete?  Can't
someone just remove the reference to the ecos-install.tcl script on
the ecos.sourceware.org web site?  This would remove some noise from
the mailing list and it would not be a hard thing to do, as the
instructions for anonymous CVS are already present on the web site.

Thanks,
Hans

* [ECOS] Re: getting started
@ 2006-07-12 15:13 ` Fischetti Antonio