* Re: [ECOS] eCos on LPC2106
@ 2007-06-19 19:20 Tim michals
From: Tim michals @ 2007-06-19 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thekyz, ecos-discuss

There is an example in the configuration example for OpenOCD.  To debug new firmware:
1. Download firmware into flash using the OCD configuration or telnet interface
2. using insight or eclipse attach to the dbg server and start eclipse session
there is a slide presentation in the Yargto tools for doing this.

From: Alexandre @ 2007-06-19 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Ok seems to work, thank you so much everyone :)

* Re: [ECOS] eCos on LPC2106
@ 2007-06-19 19:04           ` Edgar Grimberg
From: Edgar Grimberg @ 2007-06-19 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 02:58:48PM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
>
>> Well Olimex advises to use OpenOCD for their JTAG device so :(
>>

> I did a little googling. Use telnet to the OpenOCD daemon CLI.
>
>   Andrew

And a good ol' "help" inside that telnet console solves 99% of the
problems :)

Edgar

* Re: [ECOS] eCos on LPC2106
@ 2007-06-19 13:40         ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-06-19 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2007-06-19 13:17       ` Alexandre
From: Alexandre @ 2007-06-19 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre, ecos-discuss

@ 2007-06-19 13:11     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-06-19 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 02:45:27PM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> Yes i'm trying to load the code into FLASH. I use OpenOCD for the GDB
> Remote Server, with an Olimex USB-JTAG-KEY.
> In gdb I can see the code presently running in flash, can see the
> registers as well, but i can't manage to use the "download" feature
> without having the error I described above.

I've never used OpenOCD, but in my experience with JTAG devices, there
is a separate program used to download code into flash.

   Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] eCos on LPC2106
@ 2007-06-19 13:09   ` Alexandre
From: Alexandre @ 2007-06-19 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre, ecos-discuss

@ 2007-06-19 13:07 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-06-19 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 02:34:37PM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> Hi everybody !
>
> I finally managed to have a good footprint of ecos, the size I want it
> to be actually, and I compiled both hello & twothreads code samples
> from the ecos' example directory.
>
> But, i have a small problem when I try to upload the code to my board
> within gdb, the console gives me that:

> DOWNLOAD FAILED: Memory access error while loading section .rom_vectors

Are you trying to load this into FLASH? I assume so, since the LPC
family is designed to run code directly from FLASH.

gdb is not directly capable of that. You need a JTAG programmer.

    Andrew

* [ECOS] eCos on LPC2106
@ 2007-06-19 12:58 Alexandre
From: Alexandre @ 2007-06-19 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi everybody !

I finally managed to have a good footprint of ecos, the size I want it
to be actually, and I compiled both hello & twothreads code samples
from the ecos' example directory.

But, i have a small problem when I try to upload the code to my board
within gdb, the console gives me that:

DOWNLOAD FAILED: Memory access error while loading section .rom_vectors

I haven't been able so far to get any code on the board :(

Does anyone have an idea of what I could have done wrong ?

For information, i used the Olimex LPC2106 Eval Board hardware config
with a "kernel" template and the build went pretty fine from start to
finish. After that I just compiled the twothreads.c example file using
my target file.

Thank you in advance !

* [ECOS] eCOS on LPC2106
@ 2005-12-23 11:27 Evgeny Belyanco
From: Evgeny Belyanco @ 2005-12-23 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi!

Can anybody give me detail instruction, how i can

* Configure RedBoot (Cygwin) for simple LPC2106 board (just one chip +
RS-232 drivers)
* build Redboot image, flash it in to the chip
* simplest test program & minimal eCOS configuration, that can fit
64Kb RAM

Is it real to make simple demo (as eCOS application - not simple C prog :) )for
64kByte of RAM (LED flasher, etc.)?

Evgeny Belyanco
* E-mail: ea@kbkcc.ru
* Phone (cel.): +7 901 510 9046