* [ECOS] redboot ethernet problem
@ 2007-09-13  7:33 albert prasetyo
From: albert prasetyo @ 2007-09-13  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi everyone;
I am currently working on at91rm9200 board (with dm9161 transceiver)
and intend to
use ethernet to communicate with the host pc. However, on the way to
there, I found several problems. They are:
-When I tried to do ping from redboot, there's message said that
"Cannot reach server 192.168.0.123".

192.168.0.123 is my pc address and I set it to static IP.
I tried to use ethereal and find that ARP had been broadcasted and
Host PC indeed responded by sending its mac address, but my board
seemed not to acknowledge it (i.e. my board kept broadcasting to my
host PC until time out).

Below are the capture I got from ethereal:
(1) Who has 192.168.0.123? Tell 192.168.0.38
(2) 192.168.0.123 is at xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx    and back to (1) until 8x

-Try pinging from host PC was also unsuccessful but the problem source
is different.The ICMPs sent by host PC were not responded by the board
at all.

Anyone know what's likely that cause these problems? When I used uboot
and ARMLinux, the ethernet worked perfectly, so that Hardware prob is
not possible.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks;
Albert P

* Re: [ECOS] redboot ethernet problem
@ 2007-10-08 10:38 ` Wolfgang Köbler
From: Wolfgang Köbler @ 2007-10-08 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: albert prasetyo; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hello,

Have you solved your problem or is this still relevant ?

Bye,
Wolfgang

@ 2007-10-08 10:52   ` Vivek-Kumar Gupta
From: Vivek-Kumar Gupta @ 2007-10-08 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I think,
Run configtool and see Ethernet package options, may be you are missing some options. This may help.

Regards,

@ 2005-05-03  9:56 Ashish Tiwari
From: Ashish Tiwari @ 2005-05-03  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
    I am using SH77x9 Evalution board and facing problem when i build redboot
image with network support,i tried it two ways:
1)Configuring "Redboot Rom Monitor->Build Redboot ROM elf image->Redboot
Networking->puting Default IP address ,disable "use DHCP option" .
 after downloading on Target when i ping it then it gives reply 4 to 5 times
in 100 .

2)other way which i tried is adding networking support in package ,disable
BOOTP option ,enabling IP address .
  after downloading , restart target nothing  on target board .
what i need to do .

thanks
Ashish

Ashish Tiwari