* [ECOS]  Anybody know if GoAhead is still alive?
@ 2008-05-19 15:58 Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2008-05-19 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I've recently had to fix some problems in the GoAhead web
server that we're using in our eCos-based products, and was
hoping to submit patches to GoAhead, but I'm unable to contact
them.  They're NNTP server in inaccessible, and I've gotten no
response from the query I sent via their web site?

Does anybody know if GoAhead is still alive and/or if the web
server is still being maintained?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! ... My pants just went
                                  at               on a wild rampage through a

* Re: [ECOS]  Anybody know if GoAhead is still alive?
@ 2008-05-19 18:25 ` John Mills
From: John Mills @ 2008-05-19 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: Grant Edwards

Grant, All -

Good question. I submitted registration material and a patch tarball a few
months ago and never received any reply. Since they didn't seem to be
passing any of the fixes along to the free-user community, I didn't know
whether to expect anything in reply.

Did you try to ask that support contractor they identifed for web server
problems?

Maybe this will stimulate me to pass my tarball along to the 'prolix'
Wiki.

  - John Mills

On Mon, 19 May 2008, Grant Edwards wrote:

> I've recently had to fix some problems in the GoAhead web
> server that we're using in our eCos-based products, and was
> hoping to submit patches to GoAhead, but I'm unable to contact
> them.  They're NNTP server in inaccessible, and I've gotten no
> response from the query I sent via their web site?

> Does anybody know if GoAhead is still alive and/or if the web
> server is still being maintained?

> Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! ... My pants just went
  >                                  at               on a wild rampage through a
  >                               visi.com            Long Island Bowling Alley!!

* [ECOS]  Re: Anybody know if GoAhead is still alive?
@ 2008-05-19 18:38   ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2008-05-19 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 2008-05-19, John Mills <johnmills@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Good question. I submitted registration material and a patch
> tarball a few months ago and never received any reply. Since
> they didn't seem to be passing any of the fixes along to the
> free-user community, I didn't know whether to expect anything
> in reply.
>
> Did you try to ask that support contractor they identifed for
> web server problems?

Not yet, but I will give them a try.  It would be nice if
somebody was consolidating patches and making the results
available.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! My life is a patio
                                  at               of fun!

* RE: [ECOS]  Re: Anybody know if GoAhead is still alive?
@ 2008-05-19 18:50     ` John Mills
From: John Mills @ 2008-05-19 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Edwards, ecos-discuss

All -

I just called GoAhead to check our status and did reach them. The web page is also live at:  [http://goahead.com/]

 - Mills

--

@ 2008-05-19 20:03       ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2008-05-19 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 2008-05-19, John Mills <JMills@airdefense.net> wrote:

> I just called GoAhead to check our status and did reach them.
> The web page is also live at: [http://goahead.com/]

Yup, the web server is live, and it says that

  "Support for WebServer is provided through GoAhead's news
   group, news://news.goahead.com/goahead.public.webserver
   only."

But, the NNTP server won't let me in, and I got no response
from GoAhead when I sent them a query using the form on the
web-site.

This morning I sent a question to Art & Logic to see if they
were accepting patches for the web server, but I haven't gotten
a response yet.

The newest file in the newest download is from 2003, so I'm not
very otpimistic that anybody is accepting patches.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! SHHHH!!  I hear SIX
                                  at               TATTOOED TRUCK-DRIVERS