* [ECOS] Query
@ 2002-10-24  1:24 ecos dev
From: ecos dev @ 2002-10-24  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi
i want to ask whether i can boot ecos as a stand alone operating system on any target or on which target i can boot this operating system.

thanks & regds
dev

* Re: [ECOS] Query
@ 2002-10-24  6:30 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2002-10-24  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos_dev; +Cc: ecos-discuss

ecos dev <ecos_dev@firstlinux.net> writes:

> Hi
> i want to ask whether i can boot ecos as a stand alone operating
> system on any target or on which target i can boot this operating
> system.

eCos will run stand alone on all the targets supported. You just build
for ROM startup and program it into the ROM/FLASH. This, after all, is
how it is expected to be used in the final products. RedBoot and RAM
builds are really only there for the development cycle.

--
Nick Garnett - eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.eCosCentric.com/

* [ECOS] query
@ 2002-12-22 23:18 Shaifullah MS
From: Shaifullah MS @ 2002-12-22 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi,

these means that eCos be used to program PDA & pocket pc.

thanks.

* RE: [ECOS] Query
@ 2002-07-11  2:25   ` Robert Cragie
From: Robert Cragie @ 2002-07-11  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: robin.dua, ecos-discuss

Yes, you need latest eCos 2.0 to support the ARM Integrator platform.

'Angel' is the ARM debug monitor which was in the PID platform. Integrator
platform has a similar debug monitor which allows downloading and
programming into flash of S-record files (use 'arm-elf-objcopy -S -O srec
<infile> <outfile>' to turn the ELF file produced by the linker into
S-records). So you can either download and flash your complete application
if you want it to run 'turnkey' (i.e. when you power on), or you can
download and flash Redboot, which will allow you to load your application
into RAM and debug it using GDB. I would recommend the Redboot route first.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655

* RE: [ECOS] Query
@ 2002-07-10 23:54 ` Hiroyasu Shimizu
From: Hiroyasu Shimizu @ 2002-07-10 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)