* [ECOS] Interrupt Latency
@ 2003-10-27  7:18 Indu Mishra
From: Indu Mishra @ 2003-10-27  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
How can we measure the interrupt latency in Ecos. Anybody has some idea
about it?

regards,

--
Indu Mishra

* Re: [ECOS] Interrupt Latency
@ 2003-10-27  9:36 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2003-10-27  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Indu Mishra; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Indu Mishra said:
> Hi,
> How can we measure the interrupt latency in Ecos. Anybody has some idea
> about it?

Look at tm_basic.cxx and the support code in kernel/clock.cxx

* Re: [ECOS] Interrupt Latency
@ 2003-10-27 10:32 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2003-10-27 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Indu Mishra; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Indu Mishra <mindu@cdotb.ernet.in> writes:

> Hi,
> How can we measure the interrupt latency in Ecos. Anybody has some
> idea about it?

There is code in eCos to measure the latency of timer
interrupts. To measure the latency of other interrupts you probably
need a logic analyzer.

* Re: [ECOS] Interrupt latency
@ 2003-11-20 13:02 ` David Vrabel
From: David Vrabel @ 2003-11-20 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

>     i am using i386 PC based platform. and UART is 16c550 with FIFO is
> disabled.i am not able to find out the interrupt latency for each
> charecter that i received. could u please send me the rough figures if
> any body calculated or having rough idea of how much it will be.

You'll need to measure it yourself as it's very system dependant.  I've
used a 'scope for this in the past.

For example, with a 25MHz i386EX doing nothing extra but timer
interrupts and a trivial external interrupt whose handler does nothing
but toggle a GPIO line I got the following results:

                  Typical  Maximum[*]
ISR latency/us        22       74
DSR latency/us       108       90

Throw in some ethernet traffic...

                  Typical  Maximum[*]
ISR latency/us        24       92
DSR latency/us       110      544

David Vrabel

[*] Maximum in about 1.2 million samples.
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom, Clifton Road           Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Cambridge CB1 7EA, UK         Web: http://www.arcom.com/

The message in this transmission is sent in confidence for the attention of the addressee only and should not be disclosed to any other party. Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality. Please advise the sender if the addressee is not resident at the receiving end.

This message has been checked for all viruses by MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.

* [ECOS] Interrupt latency
@ 2003-11-20 12:27 Giri
From: Giri @ 2003-11-20 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hai,
    i am using i386 PC based platform. and UART is 16c550 with FIFO is
disabled.i am not able to find out the interrupt latency for each
charecter that i received. could u please send me the rough figures if
any body calculated or having rough idea of how much it will be.
    any help is appriciated.
Thanks Regards
Giri