* [ECOS] Red Boot Command Line Interface
@ 2005-05-23  9:51 Sriramkumar Raju
From: Sriramkumar Raju @ 2005-05-23  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
        I had successfully built Red Boot for I386 platform. My
development machine is Windows XP and i had installed cygwin
"CYGWIN_NT-5.1" which i got from "http://www.cygwin.com"  I used ecos
config tool 2.0 to build the red boot image. The red boot image is
booting.

But he command line is behaving differently.

some key when i press it is displayed in caps and when i press "." it
displays ">" which is equivalent to pressing shift + "."

I want to know do i missed any patch. or does anyone know what might
be the problem.

Regards,
Sriram.R

* Re: [ECOS] Red Boot Command Line Interface
@ 2005-05-23 10:15 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2005-05-23 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sriramkumar Raju; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Sriramkumar Raju <rsriramkumar@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>         I had successfully built Red Boot for I386 platform. My
> development machine is Windows XP and i had installed cygwin
> "CYGWIN_NT-5.1" which i got from "http://www.cygwin.com"  I used ecos
> config tool 2.0 to build the red boot image. The red boot image is
> booting.
>
> But he command line is behaving differently.
>
> some key when i press it is displayed in caps and when i press "." it
> displays ">" which is equivalent to pressing shift + "."
>
> I want to know do i missed any patch. or does anyone know what might
> be the problem.

Assuming that this is not simply a matter of leaving the caps-lock on,
it looks like a mismatch between the setup of target and host serial
devices. Check that the host terminal emulator is set to 8N1 38400 baud.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts

* Re: [ECOS] Red Boot Command Line Interface
@ 2005-05-23 10:19   ` Sriramkumar Raju
From: Sriramkumar Raju @ 2005-05-23 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
       No i didn't connected to serial port. What i am seeing is in
the target's screen itself. ie i am typing from the target which is
having a key board. The caps lock is not on since some characters
comes in small case and some in upper case.

Regards,
Sriram.R

@ 2005-05-23 12:18     ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2005-05-23 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sriramkumar Raju; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Sriramkumar Raju <rsriramkumar@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>        No i didn't connected to serial port. What i am seeing is in
> the target's screen itself. ie i am typing from the target which is
> having a key board. The caps lock is not on since some characters
> comes in small case and some in upper case.

Then it looks like there might be a problem with the keyboard. Have
you tried a different one?