* [ECOS] Problems with ecosconfig
@ 2006-05-31 18:02 Денис Шевченко
From: Денис Шевченко @ 2006-05-31 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello!

This is my first posting. I am beginner in eCos. Sorry, my english is
badly (I am from Russia).
I am trying to install eCos-1.3.1. After installing GNU Toolchain
(binutils-2.10.1, gcc-core-2.95.2, gcc-g++-2.95.2 and gdb-5.0) I am
extracting ecos-1.3.1.tar.bz2 in /opt/ecos.
After this:
# ECOS_REPOSITORY=/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/packages
# export ECOS_REPOSITORY
After this:
# PATH=/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/tools/bin:$PATH
# PATH=/tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin:$PATH
# export PATH
After this:
# mkdir /opt/ecos/ecos-work
# cd /opt/ecos/ecos-work
And after this:
# ecosconfig
In this place - problem. On screen I see next text:

ecosconfig: error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

What is this? Where I made mistake? May be, I miss something? Help me,
please!

Denis

* Re: [ECOS] Problems with ecosconfig
@ 2006-05-31 18:37 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-05-31 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ????? ????????; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 10:01:50PM +0400, ????? ???????? wrote:
> Hello!
>
> This is my first posting. I am beginner in eCos. Sorry, my english is
> badly (I am from Russia).
> I am trying to install eCos-1.3.1. After installing GNU Toolchain

1.3.1! That is something like 6 years old. I suggest you update to
anoncvs.

http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html

> (binutils-2.10.1, gcc-core-2.95.2, gcc-g++-2.95.2 and gdb-5.0) I am
> extracting ecos-1.3.1.tar.bz2 in /opt/ecos.
> After this:
> # ECOS_REPOSITORY=/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/packages
> # export ECOS_REPOSITORY
> After this:
> # PATH=/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/tools/bin:$PATH
> # PATH=/tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin:$PATH
> # export PATH
> After this:
> # mkdir /opt/ecos/ecos-work
> # cd /opt/ecos/ecos-work
> And after this:
> # ecosconfig
> In this place - problem. On screen I see next text:
>
> ecosconfig: error while loading shared libraries:
> libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> What is this? Where I made mistake? May be, I miss something? Help me,
> please!

Probably this is because you are using tools from 6 years ago. Your
distribution of Linux probably does not have shared libraries that
old. Once you have updated to anonymous CVS, build ecosconfig from
source.

        Andrew

* [ECOS] Re: Problems with ecosconfig
@ 2006-05-31 20:12   ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2006-05-31 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

>> This is my first posting. I am beginner in eCos. Sorry, my
>> english is badly (I am from Russia). I am trying to install
>> eCos-1.3.1. After installing GNU Toolchain
>
> 1.3.1! That is something like 6 years old. I suggest you
> update to anoncvs.

There are some particularly tricky bugs in the 1.3.1 network
stack.  I definitely recommend not using 1.3.1 in network
applications.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  If you STAY in China,
                                  at               I'll give you 4,000 BUSHELS

* Re: [ECOS] problems with ecosconfig
@ 2001-03-28  2:00 ` Hugo 'NOx' Tyson
From: Hugo 'NOx' Tyson @ 2001-03-28  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

danc@iobjects.com (Dan Conti) writes:
> i'm using cygwin and a february cvs snapshot of ecos. i have a .ecc that i
> use for my project, which works fine on my local machine. when i copy it
> elsewhere and try to generate a build tree (using ecosconfig tree) the build
> tree is not generated properly; i get an error because pkgconf/system.h is
> missing a large number of macros. i get the same problem if i copy the .ecc
> and open it with the configtool. i can, however, open the .ecc i use in the
> configtool, save it to a new location, and build that properly.
>
> i have other .ecc files which i've copied around and generated trees with
> before and haven't had any problems. since my build process is scripted, i
> need to be able to do this from the command line (hence i need to use
> ecosconfig).
>
> my command line looks something like this:
>
> mkdir build
> mkdir install
> cd build
> ecosconfig.exe --config="../ecos.ecc" --srcdir="../../packages" --prefix="..
> /install" tree

I know you've fixed the problem, but I add this comment OOI & IME...

I'd be very careful of using relative paths in stuff like this - the eCos
makefiles are convoluted, and the make process does change directories as
it goes.  All I'm saying is, if you use relative paths and it appears to
misbehave, the first thing to do is try it using totally absolute paths.

	- Huge

* RE: [ECOS] problems with ecosconfig
@ 2001-03-27 14:56       ` Dan Conti
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-03-27 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos discuss2

thanks for the suggestion, i ran through my setup again to double check
everything and realized that i had copied my updated ecosconfig into the
current directory and didn't ./ it, forgetting that . isn't in the path.
hence it was still catching the old tool. that was indeed the problem.

greatly appreciated jonathan, thank you

-Dan

@ 2001-03-27 14:26     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-03-27 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Conti; +Cc: ecos discuss2

@ 2001-03-27 14:03   ` Dan Conti
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-03-27 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos discuss2

please excuse the poor formatting.

> Dan Conti wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > i'm using cygwin and a february cvs snapshot of ecos. i have a
> .ecc that i
> > use for my project, which works fine on my local machine. when i copy it
> > elsewhere and try to generate a build tree (using ecosconfig
> tree) the build
> > tree is not generated properly; i get an error because
> pkgconf/system.h is
> > missing a large number of macros. i get the same problem if i
> copy the .ecc
> > and open it with the configtool. i can, however, open the .ecc
> i use in the
> > configtool, save it to a new location, and build that properly.
>
> While what you are describing sounds like a genuine problem, have you
> looked at "ecosconfig export" ?

good thought. running "ecosconfig export" generates an overly bare .ecm
which actually has no information about my configuration, other than the
hardware target name.

one thing that didn't occur to me when i mailed is that i'm using a new
hardware target. effectively it is just a copy of an existing target with
some new packages that are specific to my target board. however, it does
have a new name. this hardware target is likely to be the end culprit
(somehow), since it is the only thing off hand that seems different between
this config and other configs that i use. i'm still a bit concerned that
this process works when using the configtool and "save as" but not with
"ecosconfig tree"

> As for your problem, do the missing macros definitely exist in the .ecc
> file? Are you sure the repositories are exactly the same (diff -urN may be
> good to check)? If it's copied between OS's could it be some manifestation
> of a line ending problem?

at this moment, it's just one tree on my machine. the two different configs
both point to the same tree. my .ecc file is complete, from what i can see.
some more clues, a snippet from the ecc:

cdl_configuration eCos {
    description "" ;

    # These fields should not be modified.
    hardware    dharma ;
    template    default ;
    package -template CYGPKG_HAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_INFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_KERNEL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_MEMALLOC current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_ISOINFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_ERROR current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_EDB7XXX current ;
    package CYGPKG_IO_FLASH current ;
};

a snippet from the .ecm that i generate by doing "ecosconfig export" on the
ecc:

cdl_configuration eCos {
    description "" ;
    hardware    dharma ;
    template    default ;
    package -template CYGPKG_HAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_INFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_KERNEL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_MEMALLOC current ;
};

a snippet from the .ecm that i generate by using File->Export... in the
Configtool:

cdl_configuration eCos {
    description "" ;
    hardware    dharma ;
    template    default ;
    package -template CYGPKG_HAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_INFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_KERNEL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_MEMALLOC current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_ISOINFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_ERROR current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_EDB7XXX current ;
    package CYGPKG_IO_FLASH current ;
};

So it appears that ecosconfig doesn't like my configuration at all?

-Dan

@ 2001-03-27 13:27 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-03-27 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Conti; +Cc: ecos discuss2

@ 2001-03-27 12:02 Dan Conti
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-03-27 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos discuss2

hello,

[...]

the srcdir is appropriately pointed. i can send a copy of the generated
system.h or my .ecc if that would be benificial. i have rather a lot of
custom configuration in my .ecc so starting from a template would be less
than optimal. i rebuilt ecosconfig.exe from the host directory of my
snapshot, so it matches the source snapshot.

Any suggestions or input you have would be welcome.
-Dan

--
Dan Conti             e danc@iobjects.com
Software Engineer     p 425 653 5505 x226