* [ECOS] eCos porting and API document.
@ 2001-01-08 15:31 Tony Lee
From: Tony Lee @ 2001-01-08 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Is there any porting and APIs document for eCos?   I read the FAQs
but it doesn't have enough information.

I am looking for something similar QNX's documents at:
For system architecture:
http://www.qnx.com/literature/qnx_sysarch/index.html

On their evaluation CD (and website too, but I can' find the link),
there are detail document on all of their API support for BSP, design for
Resource
Manager, File system, etc.

Similar documents can be found for vxWorks.

For eCos to win the RTOS selection process, I think it needs documents for
	System Archetecture.
	port guide
	Application APIs,
	Subsystem (TCP/IP, file system, device driver) design document.

Can someone tell me if we pay Cygnus/RedHat for support, do I get any of
these documents?

I am semi-believer on "Feel the force, read the source", but I can't
convince management that is good enough.

-Tony

* Re: [ECOS] eCos porting and API document.
@ 2001-01-09  0:24 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-01-09  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lee; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Tony> For eCos to win the RTOS selection process, I think it needs
Tony> documents for System Archetecture.  port guide Application APIs,
Tony> Subsystem (TCP/IP, file system, device driver) design document.

Have you seen this page:
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/

The Reference Manual contains the API, and under special topics
there's something about filesystems and porting.

Tony> Can someone tell me if we pay Cygnus/RedHat for support, do I
Tony> get any of these documents?

All the docs are out in the open.

Jesper