* [ECOS] connection procedure for ARM PID board
@ 2000-10-26  1:58 jjkang
From: jjkang @ 2000-10-26  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Title: connection procedure for ARM PID board

I'd like to running and debugging my application between PC for windows NT 4.0
and ARM PID board by using serival port.
My PC is installed the Cygwin 1.1.4 and the eCos 1.3.1 for windows.
I make the cross compiler and set jumper LK18  for ARM PID.
When I make the configuration file(filename.ecc), I choose  the ROM type of the startup types.
The ARM PID board is install ROM image burning GDB-stub ROM image (.bin file).
I'm trying to connect between PC and ARM PID board. But I'm failed to connect to target board.
I don't know that the connection fail is occured.
Could you tell me the  problem?
Thank you in advance.

* Re: [ECOS] connection procedure for ARM PID board
@ 2000-10-26  2:52 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-10-26  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jjkang; +Cc: ecos-discuss

jjkang> I'd like to running and debugging my application between PC
jjkang> for windows NT 4.0 and ARM PID board by using serival port.
jjkang> My PC is installed the Cygwin 1.1.4 and the eCos 1.3.1 for
jjkang> windows.  I make the cross compiler and set jumper LK18 for
jjkang> ARM PID.  When I make the configuration file(filename.ecc), I
jjkang> choose the ROM type of the startup types.  The ARM PID board
jjkang> is install ROM image burning GDB-stub ROM image (.bin file).
jjkang> I'm trying to connect between PC and ARM PID board. But I'm
jjkang> failed to connect to target board.  I don't know that the
jjkang> connection fail is occured.  Could you tell me the problem?
jjkang> Thank you in advance.

You cannot debug a ROM image. What you need to do is make a stub,
program it into the flash, and then build RAM startup appliacations
which can be debugged using the stubs in flash.

Jesper