* eCos booting problem
@ 2002-11-05  4:26 Amit Chaudhary
From: Amit Chaudhary @ 2002-11-05  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hi
I am trying to boot eCos as stand alone on i386 pc target.
I compiled source of eCos for RAM STARTUP and then complied my simple
hello world
program hello.c given below:

main()
{
  printf("Hello eCos World!\n");
  return 0;
}

The output generated was a.out in ELF format.
I was using one kind of Boot Loader which can load ELF file & execute
it.But everytime my pc got restarted.

Tell me how can I boot eCos kernel and what kind of loaders i have to
use.
I want to build a image of kernel which can be booted stand alone on pc
target.

Thanks and Regds,
Amit

[-- Attachment #2: Wipro_Disclaimer.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 522 bytes --]

**************************Disclaimer**************************************************

 Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

* Re: eCos booting problem
@ 2002-11-05  6:15 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2002-11-05  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit Chaudhary; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Questions such as these should be directed to the eCos discussion list.
"ecos-maintainers" is for licensing and distribution issues.

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 05:25, Amit Chaudhary wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to boot eCos as stand alone on i386 pc target.
> I compiled source of eCos for RAM STARTUP and then complied my simple
> hello world
> program hello.c given below:
>
> main()
> {
>   printf("Hello eCos World!\n");
>   return 0;
> }
>
> The output generated was a.out in ELF format.
> I was using one kind of Boot Loader which can load ELF file & execute
> it.But everytime my pc got restarted.
>
> Tell me how can I boot eCos kernel and what kind of loaders i have to
> use.
> I want to build a image of kernel which can be booted stand alone on pc
> target.
>

> Thanks and Regds,
> Amit
>
> ----
>

> **************************Disclaimer**************************************************
>
>  Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
> and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
> contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |