* [Fwd: Re: [ECOS] Copyright assignment]
@ 2003-11-05 16:11 Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2003-11-05 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Maintainers

A good argument for the eCosCentric assignments...

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates

[-- Attachment #2: Forwarded message - Re: [ECOS] Copyright assignment --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4075 bytes --]

From: Eric Doenges <Eric.Doenges@DynaPel.com>
To: Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com>
Cc: ecos-discuss <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Copyright assignment
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:00:49 +0100

Nick Garnett wrote:

[ ... ]
> That is possible. I don't know how busy Amy is, but maybe both just
> got dropped in the melee.

I've resent my eMail; maybe this one will elicit a response.

[ ... ]

> I would very much like to see your driver committed to the repository
> and this is the only sticking point.  Maybe you are just going to have
> to resubmit the forms to Red Hat. However, we have also been
> discussing alternative approaches to assignments in the maintainers
> list. Maybe your driver can be the trailblazer for the new mechanism.

Personally, I don't really care who I assign the copyright to - I just
think it is a sad state of affairs that getting the legal work done
takes much more time and is much more aggravating than writing the code
all the fuss is about. However, before I can assign the copyright to
anyone else I have to know what happened to my original copyright
assignment, since I can hardly assign it to anyone with the prior
assignment to RedHat floating around somewhere.
|     Eric Doenges              |     DynaPel Laboratories GmbH    |
|     Tel: +49 89 962428 23     |     Fraunhoferstrasse 9/2        |
|     Fax: +49 89 962428 90     |     D - 85737 Ismaning, Germany  |

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-11-05 16:11 UTC | newest]