* FWD: Re: pxa250 contribution
@ 2002-11-07  0:21 Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2002-11-07  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Maintainers, mark.salter

Hi Folks

After a month and a half of silence, i got a reply about the pxa250
contribution by Knud Wöhler.

Mark: You are the xscale expert. Do you have any interest in merging
this in? The work was done before you spilt the xscale into xcore and
variants so the HAL at least looks like it needs a lot of work.

I will also ask Knud if he can do the merge into the current xscale
packages.

  Andrew

----- Forwarded message from Knud Woehler <knud.woehler@microplex.de> -----

Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 08:42:27 +0100
From: Knud Woehler <knud.woehler@microplex.de>
To: Andrew Lunn <andrew.lunn@ascom.ch>
Subject: Re: pxa250 contribution

Hi Andrew

Sorry for the late answer.

Yes, the pxa250 is an xscale processor. It makes sense to merge the work
into the xscale stuff.

We have now (yesterday) signed the copyright assignment.

Knud

--
MICROPLEX Printware AG                       Tel.: +49 (0) 4451-9137-0
Panzerstrasse 5                              Fax.: +49 (0) 4451-81063

----- End forwarded message -----

* Re: FWD: Re: pxa250 contribution
@ 2002-11-07  1:14 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2002-11-07  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: eCos Maintainers, mark.salter

Knud has agreed to merge his code into the xscale packages.

     Andrew

@ 2002-11-07  2:27   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-11-07  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> Knud has agreed to merge his code into the xscale packages.

Just paranoia: Knud hasn't based this on Intel's PXA250 port has he? i.e.
he wrote the entire port himself?

Jifl

* Re: FWD: Re: pxa250 contribution
@ 2002-11-07  3:11     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2002-11-07  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: Andrew Lunn, eCos Maintainers

> Just paranoia: Knud hasn't based this on Intel's PXA250 port has he? i.e.
> he wrote the entire port himself?

Err, no idea. I very quickly scanned the code. There is nothing
obvious like names of intel people, email address, headers
etc. msalter, gthomas appear in some of the header files. It looks
like he copied them from one of the other HALs.

If i ask him is that enough or should i compare it against the Intel
code? (Where is it by the way? I guess there is a link from the
Contrib page or something. Not gone looking yet).

        Andrew

* Re: FWD: Re: pxa250 contribution
@ 2002-11-07  4:57 ` Mark Salter
From: Mark Salter @ 2002-11-07  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrew.lunn; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

> Hi Folks
> After a month and a half of silence, i got a reply about the pxa250
> contribution by Knud Wöhler.

> Mark: You are the xscale expert. Do you have any interest in merging
> this in?

Yes!

--Mark

* Re: FWD: Re: pxa250 contribution
@ 2002-11-07  4:59       ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-11-07  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Andrew Lunn wrote:
>>Just paranoia: Knud hasn't based this on Intel's PXA250 port has he? i.e.
>>he wrote the entire port himself?
>

> Err, no idea. I very quickly scanned the code. There is nothing
> obvious like names of intel people, email address, headers
> etc. msalter, gthomas appear in some of the header files. It looks
> like he copied them from one of the other HALs.
 >
> If i ask him is that enough

Yeah, I'd say so.

 > or should i compare it against the Intel
> code? (Where is it by the way? I guess there is a link from the
> Contrib page or something. Not gone looking yet).

Intel haven't ever contacted us about it, and I've never found a link to
their code, so there's nothing on the contrib page. I only ever found an
unofficial code dump from Montevista! ftp://source.mvista.com/pub/xscale/pxa/

I should whinge at them about their licence. It contradicts the RHEPL.

Jifl