* New ecos mailing list please?
@ 2003-01-20 20:15 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-01-20 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Hi,

I know these are busy times, so this can wait. But when someone gets a
chance, could you create a new mailing list for ecos please: ecos-bugs.
This will be for distributing bug reports and replies to the masses from
bugzilla. Unlike other bug lists on s.r.c, this can have the usual spam
filtering applied.

I don't know if it's possible (ezmlm.org is offline), but since everything
in bugzilla is done via the web, it would be ideal if the only allowed
poster to the list could be bugzilla@redhat.com, although obviously anyone
can be on the list so saying "list members only" isn't quite the same...
in fact bugzilla@redhat.com won't even be a list member :-). I know how
mailman can do this, but not ezmlm.

If this isn't possible with ezmlm, don't create the list yet and I'll
investigate some other options.

If anyone thinks this should be done a different way, please feel free to say!

Jifl

From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-01-23 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: overseers, eCos Maintainers

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 08:15:28PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I know these are busy times, so this can wait. But when someone gets a
>chance, could you create a new mailing list for ecos please: ecos-bugs.
>This will be for distributing bug reports and replies to the masses from
>bugzilla. Unlike other bug lists on s.r.c, this can have the usual spam
>filtering applied.
>
>I don't know if it's possible (ezmlm.org is offline), but since everything
>in bugzilla is done via the web, it would be ideal if the only allowed
>poster to the list could be bugzilla@redhat.com, although obviously anyone
>can be on the list so saying "list members only" isn't quite the same...
>in fact bugzilla@redhat.com won't even be a list member :-). I know how
>mailman can do this, but not ezmlm.
>
>If this isn't possible with ezmlm, don't create the list yet and I'll
>investigate some other options.
>
>If anyone thinks this should be done a different way, please feel free to
>say!

I'm working on this today.  I should have something ready by the end of
my EST day.

cgf

* Re: New ecos mailing list please?
@ 2003-01-23 18:26   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-01-23 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour, overseers, eCos Maintainers

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 01:10:16PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 08:15:28PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I know these are busy times, so this can wait. But when someone gets a
>>chance, could you create a new mailing list for ecos please: ecos-bugs.
>>This will be for distributing bug reports and replies to the masses from
>>bugzilla. Unlike other bug lists on s.r.c, this can have the usual spam
>>filtering applied.
>>
>>I don't know if it's possible (ezmlm.org is offline), but since everything
>>in bugzilla is done via the web, it would be ideal if the only allowed
>>poster to the list could be bugzilla@redhat.com, although obviously anyone
>>can be on the list so saying "list members only" isn't quite the same...
>>in fact bugzilla@redhat.com won't even be a list member :-). I know how
>>mailman can do this, but not ezmlm.
>>
>>If this isn't possible with ezmlm, don't create the list yet and I'll
>>investigate some other options.
>>
>>If anyone thinks this should be done a different way, please feel free to
>>say!
>
>I'm working on this today.  I should have something ready by the end of
>my EST day.

Huh.  Easier than I thought.  It should be working now.  It only accepts
input from bugzilla@redhat.com or sources.redhat.com domain.

I set you up as the moderator, Jonathan, if you want to change some settings.

cgf