* eCos book
@ 2003-03-21  0:28 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-03-21  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Maintainers

I've just been prodded by Anthony Massa about the eCos book at the front
of the web site. That's the only place it's mentioned and right now it's
at risk of disappearing off the front, and certainly being stuck at the
bottom it's far from visible.

A book for beginners is a good thing and I'd like to keep its profile
higher, but how best to do that? Suggestions?

Perhaps for the moment at least it would be good to move the FOSDEM
"news"[1] to the news archive page now, even if chronologically incorrect
- that might make the book more visible. I'll do that tomorrow if no-one
minds.

FAOD I'm not getting paid commission on sales ;-).

Jifl
[1] That reminds me, I never wrote up what happened! I'll do that next.

* Re: eCos book
@ 2003-03-21  1:13 ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2003-03-21  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jifl; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

    Jifl> I've just been prodded by Anthony Massa about the eCos book
    Jifl> at the front of the web site. That's the only place it's
    Jifl> mentioned and right now it's at risk of disappearing off the
    Jifl> front, and certainly being stuck at the bottom it's far from
    Jifl> visible.

    Jifl> A book for beginners is a good thing and I'd like to keep
    Jifl> its profile higher, but how best to do that? Suggestions?

Top of the documentation page?

Bart

* Re: eCos book
@ 2003-03-21  8:53   ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2003-03-21  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jifl; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Yes, somewhere on docs.html seems better than breaking the chronology of the
news items. It may be an important resource for eCos users, but it's still
"old news".

John Dallaway