* eCos port to ColdFire
@ 2005-12-14 15:03 epiria
From: epiria @ 2005-12-14 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Dear eCos maintainers,

on November 18 2005 I posted to the ecos-patches mailing list a
thorough rewrite of the eCos port to the ColdFire architecture.
This required me months of hard work, but I wanted to fix the ColdFire
port available in the current eCos distribution, which is widely known to
be broken.
I sent you also the copyright assignment that now you should have received.
I know that you reserve the right to refuse any source code additions.
What really disconcerts me is that I didn't receive the minimum
feedback from you, neither on the eCos mailing lists nor in private email,
about what I think is a major improvement to the operating system.
Has this to do with the fact that eCosCentric also sells a port of eCos to
the ColdFire?
I'm looking forward to receive an answer from you.

Best regards.

Enrico Piria

* Re: eCos port to ColdFire
@ 2005-12-14 15:10 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-12-14 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: epiria; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 15:03 +0000, epiria@fastwebnet.it wrote:
> Dear eCos maintainers,
>
> on November 18 2005 I posted to the ecos-patches mailing list a
> thorough rewrite of the eCos port to the ColdFire architecture.
> This required me months of hard work, but I wanted to fix the ColdFire
> port available in the current eCos distribution, which is widely known to
> be broken.
> I sent you also the copyright assignment that now you should have received.
> I know that you reserve the right to refuse any source code additions.
> What really disconcerts me is that I didn't receive the minimum
> feedback from you, neither on the eCos mailing lists nor in private email,
> about what I think is a major improvement to the operating system.
> Has this to do with the fact that eCosCentric also sells a port of eCos to
> the ColdFire?
> I'm looking forward to receive an answer from you.

Mr. Piria,

I'm not speaking for the eCos maintainers as a whole, but I bid you
patience.  These things take time.  In my own case, I've been out of
my office (on other business) since your submission and I've not had
any time at all to review your efforts.

* Re: eCos port to ColdFire
@ 2005-12-15 15:18 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-12-15 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: epiria; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 03:03:39PM +0000, epiria@fastwebnet.it wrote:
> Dear eCos maintainers,
>
> on November 18 2005 I posted to the ecos-patches mailing list a
> thorough rewrite of the eCos port to the ColdFire architecture.
> This required me months of hard work, but I wanted to fix the ColdFire
> port available in the current eCos distribution, which is widely known to
> be broken.
> I sent you also the copyright assignment that now you should have received.
> I know that you reserve the right to refuse any source code additions.
> What really disconcerts me is that I didn't receive the minimum
> feedback from you, neither on the eCos mailing lists nor in private email,
> about what I think is a major improvement to the operating system.
> Has this to do with the fact that eCosCentric also sells a port of eCos to
> the ColdFire?
> I'm looking forward to receive an answer from you.

I'm very busy with my paid work at the moment so have not been able to
spend much time looking at patches. The bigger the patch the less
likely its been i've looked at it....

I hope that between Christmas and New year i will have some time to
catch up on all the patches waiting in the queue.

      Andrew