* problem compiling ecos
@ 2002-10-21  7:33 Alok Damle
From: Alok Damle @ 2002-10-21  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

hi,

i download the ecos-latest.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.skynet.ie/cvs/
after that i configured the ecos using

/newecos/ecos/configure --prefix=/tmp/build/ecos

it created a make file. then i gave the command

make -Wall install

it is now giving me error saying that 'size_t' is not declared under this
scope. this error is coming due to the vector included in the one of the
cxx file.

i tried to compile a saparate program that uses STl and it is getting
perfectly compiled and executed.

Please tell me what is the problem and how can i solve it.

I am using RedHat Linux 7.1

thanks and regards,

Alok.

Jopasana Software & Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Phone: 91-20-4228112, 4227879 Extn: 332
Fax: 91-20-4226246
Visit us - www.jopasana.com

* Re: problem compiling ecos
@ 2002-10-21  8:15 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-10-21  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alok Damle; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Alok Damle wrote:
> hi,
>
> i download the ecos-latest.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.skynet.ie/cvs/
> after that i configured the ecos using
>
> /newecos/ecos/configure --prefix=/tmp/build/ecos
>
> it created a make file. then i gave the command
>
> make -Wall install
>
> it is now giving me error saying that 'size_t' is not declared under
> this scope. this error is coming due to the vector included in the one
> of the cxx file.
>
> i tried to compile a saparate program that uses STl and it is getting
> perfectly compiled and executed.
>
> Please tell me what is the problem and how can i solve it.

The problem is that you haven't read the documentation ;-).
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest and in particularly the getting
started manual.

What you are doing above is trying to build the eCos host tools. This is
pointless as they're available for download from the
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html page.

Jifl