* Zero Copy Networking
@ 2002-10-22  9:53 mohan lakshminarayan iyer
From: mohan lakshminarayan iyer @ 2002-10-22  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Respected Sir,
 	We are final year of Computer Engineering students of University
of Pune,India. We would are interested in knowing more about eCos,
if you could tell us some source where material on eCos,
particularly with respect to memory management & the network
stack,could be got it would very helpful, also if you could tell
us if Zero Copy Networking has been implemented we would be
grateful to you.Thanking You in anticipation.

Yours truly,

Mohan Iyer
Priya Sehgal
Ashish Sahu
Jayush Luniya

* Re: Zero Copy Networking
@ 2002-10-22 19:43 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-10-22 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mohan lakshminarayan iyer; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

mohan lakshminarayan iyer wrote:
> Respected Sir,
>     We are final year of Computer Engineering students of University of
> Pune,India. We would are interested in knowing more about eCos, if you
> could tell us some source where material on eCos,  particularly with
> respect to memory management & the network stack,

You have all the source, go for it :-). The net stack does have
documentation. See http://www.vsr.si/ecos/ for example.

As for memory management. eCos generally just sets up the MMU in a simple
way. There's no protection between threads (i.e. no processes) nor
separate address spaces.

Although 3G Lab did some work on this for StrongARM: http://www.3glab.org/

 > could be got it would
> very helpful, also if you could tell us if Zero Copy Networking has been
> implemented we would be grateful to you.Thanking You in anticipation.

It hasn't.

Jifl