* configtool question
@ 2002-11-04 13:10 Will Tucker
From: Will Tucker @ 2002-11-04 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers; +Cc: witucker

Hi

I have a quick question.

I have two windows XP cygwin systems one is a desktop
the other is a laptop. My desktop will run
configtools.exe my laptop will not.

A little background:

Well I started with the laptop and install cygwin with
the option of dos text. Not a good idea for none of my
code would compile. So I deleted cygwin from my laptop
and reinstalled it with the unix option and
my code now compiles as well as the e-cos source
example. I then went to configure e-cos/redhat on my
laptop I got the following error when trying to run
configtool.exe:

mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
> $ ls -l
> total 4693
> drwxr-xr-x    2 Mark Kra None            0 Sep 25
> 00:01 CVS
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 Mark Kra None      2008991 Sep 14
> 14:18 Configtool.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 Mark Kra None      2795928 Sep 14
> 14:18 ecosconfig.exe
>
> Mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
> $ configtool
> bash: /cygdrive/c/xport/ecos/bin/configtool:
> Permission denied
>
> Mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
> $ ecosconfig
> bash: /cygdrive/c/xport/ecos/bin/ecosconfig:
> Permission denied
>
> Mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
> $

//------------------------------------

So I did an install on my desktop using cygwin and was
able to run configtool.exe

I don't see what the difference would be between the
systems but I need my laptop to work when I'm visiting
customers.

Any help I would appreciate,

Will T.

=====
Will Tucker
witucker@yahoo.com
303-773-3056
303-668-8822 Cell

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/

* Re: configtool question
@ 2002-11-04 17:19 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-11-04 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Tucker; +Cc: ecos-maintainers, witucker, eCos discussion

Will Tucker wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a quick question.

This is best directed at the ecos-discuss list but I'll answer it anyway.

> Well I started with the laptop and install cygwin with
> the option of dos text. Not a good idea for none of my
> code would compile. So I deleted cygwin from my laptop
> and reinstalled it with the unix option and
> my code now compiles as well as the e-cos source
> example. I then went to configure e-cos/redhat on my
> laptop I got the following error when trying to run
> configtool.exe:
>
> mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
>
>>$ ls -l
>>total 4693
>>drwxr-xr-x    2 Mark Kra None            0 Sep 25
>>00:01 CVS
>>-rwxr-xr-x    1 Mark Kra None      2008991 Sep 14
>>14:18 Configtool.exe
>>-rwxr-xr-x    1 Mark Kra None      2795928 Sep 14
>>14:18 ecosconfig.exe
>>
>>Mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
>>$ configtool
>>bash: /cygdrive/c/xport/ecos/bin/configtool:
>>Permission denied
>>
>>Mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
>>$ ecosconfig
>>bash: /cygdrive/c/xport/ecos/bin/ecosconfig:
>>Permission denied
>>
>>Mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
>>$

The text versus UNIX option primarily affects the default cygwin mount
table. Can you type "mount" and send us the results? And strip
ecos-maintainers off the reply (I just wanted people to know this had been
dealt with). Also can you type "echo $PATH".

Jifl