* RE: eCos port to IDT processors
@ 2003-02-13 18:59 Chang, Sandra
From: Chang, Sandra @ 2003-02-13 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'
  Cc: 'ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com',
	Tim Michals, Kulkarni, Upendra

Jonathan:
IDT will submit the code - what email do we send the code to?
thanks
Sandra

Sandra Chang
Strategic Partner Program Manager
Internetworking Products Division
tel:  408-988-5647
fax: 408-330-1748
sandra.chang@idt.com

From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-02-13 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chang, Sandra
  Cc: 'ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com',

Chang, Sandra wrote:
> Jonathan:
> IDT will submit the code - what email do we send the code to?

ecos-patches@sources.redhat.com

Only send the new files and the patches to the changed files - don't send
a whole repository though - that's quite big :-).

Thanks!

Jifl

* Re: eCos port to IDT processors
@ 2003-02-13 18:51 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-02-13 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chang, Sandra; +Cc: 'ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com', Tim Michals

@ 2003-02-13 18:48 Chang, Sandra

From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-02-13 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chang, Sandra; +Cc: 'ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com'

@ 2003-02-13 18:01 Chang, Sandra

From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-02-13  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chang, Sandra; +Cc: 'ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com'

@ 2003-02-13  1:36 Chang, Sandra
From: Chang, Sandra @ 2003-02-13  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: 'ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com'

Jonathan:
We've been trying to submit the eCos code for some IDT processors, and was
told that we needed to submit the copyright assignment - we've done that
already, so I'm trying to find out 1) how do we verify that it's been
received 2) what we need to refer to when submitting the code to
ecos-patches email that is refered to below.

thanks for your help,
Regards,

From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-10-16  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferguson, Ian
  Cc: 'ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com', Chang, Sandra

Ferguson, Ian wrote:
> IDT has just completed (via an external contractor very familiar with the
> eCos operating system) a eCos port (v2.0) to an existing embedded processor.
> This CPU core uses a 32-bit MIPS CPU core.
>
> I have looked quickly through the FAQ and the license agreement, but I
> wanted to check with you on the next steps we must take to get this code
> released via yourselves into the public domain.
>
> Should we be emailing source code over to someone there once we sign the
> license agreement?

Well, the first thing to be aware of with respect to the licence is that
most of the web site refers to the licence for eCos 1.3.1, which, while it
is the "latest" release, is in fact a very old release. The licence for
new code has in fact changed. So be sure you are using the new licence
text based on the GPL and not the RHEPL.

The next step in any case is to get the copyright assignment sorted. That
should still be mailed to Red Hat. See
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/assign.html for the two forms required for
that. The developer(s) sign the form and IDT sign the copyright disclaimer
form.

Then, finally :-), you send the code to ecos-patches@sources.redhat.com
where a maintainer will go through it and apply it. It's good to split it
up into manageable chunks if possible rather than a massive patch. Each
patch needs review, and the maintainer may give you review comments
indicating if something could be done a better way. Although most times
the maintainer will just make the changes themselves anyway!

After that, it's checked in and freely available with the main eCos
sources to the world!

> Sorry for such a basic question, but as it is the first time for us in the
> eCos world, we have a bit of a learning curve to go up.

No problems. We'll help where we can :-).

Jifl

* eCos port to IDT processors
@ 2002-10-15 11:13 Ferguson, Ian
From: Ferguson, Ian @ 2002-10-15 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com'; +Cc: Chang, Sandra

IDT has just completed (via an external contractor very familiar with the
eCos operating system) a eCos port (v2.0) to an existing embedded processor.
This CPU core uses a 32-bit MIPS CPU core.

I have looked quickly through the FAQ and the license agreement, but I
wanted to check with you on the next steps we must take to get this code
released via yourselves into the public domain.

Should we be emailing source code over to someone there once we sign the
license agreement?

Sorry for such a basic question, but as it is the first time for us in the
eCos world, we have a bit of a learning curve to go up.

Regards
Ian Ferguson
Strategic Marketing Manager
IDT