* Release_2003_06_03 tag
@ 2003-06-09 18:14 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-06-09 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Maintainers

I just happened to notice a tag has appeared in the repository,
Release_2003_06_03. That's not a big deal although I know no-one generally
makes a public tag except for releases.

The odd thing is that looking at the repository, the files tagged were
last touched by user "anoncvs". That's very odd as that user shouldn't be
allowed to make tags!

So if someone knows where this tag came from, let me know. It doesn't need
to be deleted - I just want to check there hasn't been something go wrong
somewhere, especially if it means anoncvs users can change things!

Jifl

* Re: Release_2003_06_03 tag
@ 2003-06-23 15:31 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2003-06-23 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 12:14, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> I just happened to notice a tag has appeared in the repository,
> Release_2003_06_03. That's not a big deal although I know no-one generally
> makes a public tag except for releases.
>
> The odd thing is that looking at the repository, the files tagged were
> last touched by user "anoncvs". That's very odd as that user shouldn't be
> allowed to make tags!
>
> So if someone knows where this tag came from, let me know. It doesn't need
> to be deleted - I just want to check there hasn't been something go wrong
> somewhere, especially if it means anoncvs users can change things!

Did you ever learn anything about this?  I know that I didn't do it :-)

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates

* Re: Release_2003_06_03 tag
@ 2003-06-23 15:44   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-06-23 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 12:14, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>
>>I just happened to notice a tag has appeared in the repository,
>>Release_2003_06_03. That's not a big deal although I know no-one generally
>>makes a public tag except for releases.
>>
>>The odd thing is that looking at the repository, the files tagged were
>>last touched by user "anoncvs". That's very odd as that user shouldn't be
>>allowed to make tags!
>>
>>So if someone knows where this tag came from, let me know. It doesn't need
>>to be deleted - I just want to check there hasn't been something go wrong
>>somewhere, especially if it means anoncvs users can change things!
>>

> Did you ever learn anything about this?  I know that I didn't do it :-)

Sort of: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/overseers/2003-q2/msg00243.html

and I've made a corrected version of the change there to CVSROOT/taginfo
so it can't affect us again.

I'm actually not _that_ bothered if people wanted to make the odd tag, but
deleting/moving tags is right out.

Jifl