* Regarding applications and development tools
@ 2003-07-23 10:28 nash dion
From: nash dion @ 2003-07-23 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hi All,

We are in the process of analysis of different
embedded operating systems for mobile devices like
smartphones. We need valuable information regarding
the different development tools and end user
applications available  with eCos Operating system.
Can you please send this information or suggest some
URLs where we can find this information?

Thank You.
Dion Nash.

* Re: Regarding applications and development tools
@ 2003-07-23 12:23 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-07-23 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nash dion; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Hi,

nash dion wrote:

> We are in the process of analysis of different
> embedded operating systems for mobile devices like
> smartphones. We need valuable information regarding
> the different development tools

eCos uses the GNU tools. That means you develop with the editor of your
choice and the tools are all command line, although you can use insight if
you wish which is a graphical frontend to the GDB debugger. Some people
have reported instability with it so it is disabled by default with the
tools available with the default installation of eCos. Add "-w" to GDB's
arguments to see it.

If you want something more like a full integrated development environment
(IDE) then that's not something shipped with the default eCos. Instead you
need to contact companies that do commercial eCos support (see URL in my
sig for example, although there may be others who also do IDE support).

 > and end user
> applications available  with eCos Operating system.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here - it's up to you to write the
applications you want :-). Unless you mean things like web servers, SNMP
daemons etc. which eCos does have?

Jifl