* eCos port to MCF5272
@ 2003-07-30 18:35 John Cheetham
From: John Cheetham @ 2003-07-30 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

The status, on the sources.redhat.com web page, for the
MCF5272 platform is "Alpha quality only at this time" and
"The support for this platform was contributed ... contributed
ports may not have been tested.".

Is this the current status for this platform?

John R. Cheetham
Software Development Engineer III
Electronics and Controls
Engineered Systems
York International Corporation
York Americas
P.O. Box 1592-231C
York, PA 17405-1592
Telephone: (717) 771-7618
Fax: (717) 771-7498
Email: john.cheetham@york.com

* Re: eCos port to MCF5272
@ 2003-07-30 18:41 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2003-07-30 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Cheetham; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 12:33, John Cheetham wrote:
> The status, on the sources.redhat.com web page, for the
> MCF5272 platform is "Alpha quality only at this time" and
> "The support for this platform was contributed ... contributed
> ports may not have been tested.".
>
> Is this the current status for this platform?

AFAICT this port has not been touched since May of 2002.  I'm
pretty sure that it is still in the same state as when I checked
in in more than a year ago, i.e. still untested directly by any
of the eCos team.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates

* Re: eCos port to MCF5272
@ 2003-07-30 21:03 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-07-30 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Cheetham; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

John Cheetham wrote:
> The status, on the sources.redhat.com web page, for the
> MCF5272 platform is "Alpha quality only at this time" and
> "The support for this platform was contributed ... contributed
> ports may not have been tested.".
>
> Is this the current status for this platform?

For the public source tree yes. In fact I can confirm it is quite broken.
However eCosCentric has fixed up the whole m68k/Coldfire support, and I
understand someone will be mailing you off list about this.

Jifl