* Bugzilla Database Move
@ 2003-08-22 12:21 Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2003-08-22 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hiya

I have just moved the eCos bugs database from fluffy to norbert.  While
DNS updates propogate, people with old DNS records to
bugs.ecos.sourceware.org and bugzilla.ecoscentric.com that end up at
fluffy will be redirected www.ecoscentric.com/bugzilla.

People with current DNS records will notice only a substantial increase
in reliability and speed.

FYI, norbert is our new rack server located very securely in Telehouse
docklands, London, with reliable redundant high speed bandwidth, power
supply etc etc etc.  Telehouse docklands is a colo that is home to
servers such as the BBC.

-- Alex

* Re: Bugzilla Database Move
@ 2003-08-26 11:18 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-08-26 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Schuilenburg; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:

> FYI, norbert is our new rack server located very securely in Telehouse
> docklands, London, with reliable redundant high speed bandwidth, power
> supply etc etc etc.  Telehouse docklands is a colo that is home to
> servers such as the BBC.

[off topic I know, skip if not interested in nargy bits...]
Much more than that! It is essentially the de facto home of all UK ISPs -
the London Internet Exchange, LINX. But our ISP is part of a peering group
within Telehouse (one of many groups) that includes the BBC, which is,
erm, quite well connected, including direct to LINX:
<http://support.bbc.co.uk/support/network/ineto.jpg>

The resulting 13ms ping times from me to norbert is quite nice.

Jifl