* Does this license look familiar?
@ 2003-10-08  9:03 Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2003-10-08  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

http://www.rtems.com/license/LICENSE

The wording has been changed slightly in places so they talk in more
general terms and they talk about executables rather than "works" (which
IMHO implies that RTEMS libraries are not covered i.e. they are GPL'ed),
but I still would consider this to be a derivative of the eCos license
version 2.

Well, they could hardly distribute RTEMS under the eCos License could
they? ;-)

-- Alex

* Re: Does this license look familiar?
@ 2003-10-08 12:19 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-10-08 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Schuilenburg; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
> http://www.rtems.com/license/LICENSE
>
> The wording has been changed slightly in places so they talk in more
> general terms and they talk about executables rather than "works" (which
> IMHO implies that RTEMS libraries are not covered i.e. they are GPL'ed),
> but I still would consider this to be a derivative of the eCos license
> version 2.
>
> Well, they could hardly distribute RTEMS under the eCos License could
> they? ;-)

Sorry to disappoint :), but this type of exception text was taken from
GCC, not us, e.g.:
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/libstdc%2b%2b-v3/libsupc%2b%2b/del_op.cc?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

They've modified it in a similar way to us, that's all.

Jifl