* Ecos download problem
@ 2004-02-18 12:53 Alexandre April
From: Alexandre April @ 2004-02-18 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hi,

I'm using the command line as explain on the web site to download the
latest eCos source code but the server does not respond. Are you aware
of any problem regarding this or it's just my setup that doesn't work ?

The following command return a "cvs [login aborted]: connect to
ecos.sourceware.org:2401 failed: Connection timed out"

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos login

___________________

Alexandre April

Firmware Designer

Simpler Networks Inc.
1840 TransCanada, Suite 100
Dorval, Québec, Canada, H9P 1H7

Phone:(514) 684-2112 x246
Fax  :(514) 684-2127

mailto:alexandre.april@simplernetworks.com
<mailto:alexandre.april@simplernetworks.com>
http://www.simplernetworks.com <http://www.simplernetworks.com/>

* Re: Ecos download problem
@ 2004-02-18 12:58 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-02-18 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre April; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 07:54:07AM -0500, Alexandre April wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the command line as explain on the web site to download the
> latest eCos source code but the server does not respond. Are you aware
> of any problem regarding this or it's just my setup that doesn't work ?
>
> The following command return a "cvs [login aborted]: connect to
> ecos.sourceware.org:2401 failed: Connection timed out"
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos login

Works for me:

lunn@londo:~/tmp$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:2401/cvs/ecos
CVS password:
lunn@londo:~/tmp$

Maybe you have a firewall which is blocking access?

      Andrew

* Re: Ecos download problem
@ 2004-02-18 13:12   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2004-02-18 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre April; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Andrew Lunn wrote:

> Maybe you have a firewall which is blocking access?

And if you do and you can't persuade your sysadmins to let you through...
as an alternative, snapshots are available here:
   http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/snapshots.shtml

Jifl
Visit us at Embedded World 2004, Nürnberg, Germany, 17-19 Feb, Stand 12-449