* eCos port for AMD Alchemy AU1X00 processors
@ 2004-04-22  3:45 Leslie Mulder
From: Leslie Mulder @ 2004-04-22  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

To whom it may concern,

We are coming up to the end of a project that has produced a port of eCos
version 2.0 (current)
and Redboot to the AMD Alchemy AU1X00 processor line. The port is fairly
significant in size
and novelty, in addition this will be our first contribution to eCos. Given
all of this we are
somewhat tentative in going forward for fear of mis-stepping.

After some clean-up we would like to submit to you the package privately to
solicit feedback before
posting it in a more public domain. We feel that your initial comments at
that stage will be invaluable
in ensuring that our initial release goes as smoothly as possible.

Please let me know how we can proceed.

Thank you

/---------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Leslie J. Mulder
Velocity Software Systems Ltd.
438 North Springer Ave.
Burnaby, B.C.
Canada V5B 1H4

Tel (604) 291-8183 Fax (604) 291-8443

/---------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

* Re: eCos port for AMD Alchemy AU1X00 processors
@ 2004-04-28 21:49 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2004-04-28 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leslie Mulder; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Leslie Mulder wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> We are coming up to the end of a project that has produced a port of
> eCos version 2.0 (current)
> and Redboot to the AMD Alchemy AU1X00 processor line. The port is fairly
> significant in size
> and novelty, in addition this will be our first contribution to eCos.

That's great!

> Given all of this we are
> somewhat tentative in going forward for fear of mis-stepping.

The best suggestion I can make is to have a read of
<http://ecos.sourceware.org/patches.html>

With that info it's very unlikely you can mis-step - and in any case
there's not really any way you could mis-step :).

> After some clean-up we would like to submit to you the package privately
> to solicit feedback before
> posting it in a more public domain. We feel that your initial comments
> at that stage will be invaluable
> in ensuring that our initial release goes as smoothly as possible.

I'm not sure there's any reason for you to be concerned about submitting
publically now. That's the normal approach and patches get reviewed
primarily only by the maintainers anyway, even though it's publically
archived. If there's some more sensitive reason you don't want to mention
here, then feel free to mail me directly.

Especially if you have a read of the URL above, I doubt there would be many
issues with your port regardless - after all we won't have any hardware to
verify correctness anyway.

Hope this helps,

Jifl