* Fwd: Support query
@ 2004-08-17 18:26 Bernd Kischnick
From: Bernd Kischnick @ 2004-08-17 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers; +Cc: bernd.kischnick_officekischnick

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii", Size: 1459 bytes --]

Hello eCos-team,

I'm forwarding this message to you via my private mail account,
because your mailer doesn't like HTML attachments, on which to
send the Notes mail client at the company absolutely insists.

Please reply also to the company mail address
bernd.kischnick_officekischnick@philips.com
(even if it's quite longish)

Best regards,
- Bernd

--- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:16:40 +0200
From: bernd.kischnick_officekischnick@philips.com
To: kisch@gmx.li
Subject: Support query

----- Weitergeleitet von Bernd Kischnick_OfficeKischnick/WET/COMP/PHILIPS
am 2004-08-17 20:17 -----

Bernd Kischnick_OfficeKischnick
2004-08-17 17:11

        An:     ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com
        Kopie:
        Thema:  Support query
        Klassifizierung:        Unclassified

Hello eCos team,

we're considering to use eCos as the OS base for a new embedded product
using an ARM7TDMI core.
It's a custom chip design, so there's no existing board-support package
available.

Could you provide me some contacts for support and consulting?
German (Frankfurt/Hannover) region would be preferred.
Experience with quality procedures prevalent in the automotive industry
would be a plus.

Thanks a lot,
- Bernd Kischnick

--
- Bernd Kischnick
-- tel 0511-18375 mobil 0162-5963426

* Re: Fwd: Support query
@ 2004-08-17 19:37 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2004-08-17 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernd Kischnick; +Cc: ecos-maintainers, bernd.kischnick_officekischnick

Bernd Kischnick wrote:
> Hello eCos-team,
>
> I'm forwarding this message to you via my private mail account,
> because your mailer doesn't like HTML attachments, on which to
> send the Notes mail client at the company absolutely insists.

Sorry about that. It's just that so much spam is HTML and no on-topic mail
needs to be HTML.

> Please reply also to the company mail address
> bernd.kischnick_officekischnick@philips.com
> (even if it's quite longish)

Easily done!

> Hello eCos team,
>
> we're considering to use eCos as the OS base for a new embedded product
> using an ARM7TDMI core.
> It's a custom chip design, so there's no existing board-support package
> available.
>
> Could you provide me some contacts for support and consulting?

Sure, there are two obvious companies that spring to mind:

http://www.mlbassoc.com/ and
http://www.ecoscentric.com/

The first link is Gary Thomas's company, another eCos maintainer:
<gary@mlbassoc.com>

The second is my employer (so I do have a vested interest :-)), and we do
support, consulting, porting work, etc. If you are interested in more
details from eCosCentric you can contact a colleague of mine, Daniel Morris
at <danielm@ecoscentric.com> who would be able to discuss your requirements
with you.

Hope this helps,

Jifl