* Hardware support
@ 2004-08-21  8:58 Udo van den Heuvel
From: Udo van den Heuvel @ 2004-08-21  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hello,

I tried to build a toolchain for the CalmRISC16 (calm16_ceb) target using
the info at http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/build-toolchain.html but found
that the calm16 target is not supported. (errormessages, no references in
sources, responses on the eCos mailinglist, etc)

Could you please let me know what is additionally needed to build a CalmRISC
toolchain for eCos?

Thanks,
Udo

* Re: Hardware support
@ 2004-08-21 20:23 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2004-08-21 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Udo van den Heuvel; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to build a toolchain for the CalmRISC16 (calm16_ceb) target using
> the info at http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/build-toolchain.html but found
> that the calm16 target is not supported. (errormessages, no references in
> sources, responses on the eCos mailinglist, etc)
>
> Could you please let me know what is additionally needed to build a CalmRISC
> toolchain for eCos?

You're right in that I can't find any trace of a GNU toolchain made
available by Samsung or publically. Note, as described at
<http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/boards/calm16ceb.html>, the port was only
even ever for core emulation hardware, not the real CPU. Also note that
CalmRISC16 support is RedBoot-only, not eCos.

Mark Salter would know more authoratitively, but your only route may be to
approach Samsung directly asking for it. It does exist, but was done under
contract for Samsung so they're the ones to ask.

Jifl