From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com>
To: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Cc: eCos Maintainers <ecos-maintainers@ecos.sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: FSF status
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:51:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Andrew Lunn wrote:
>>The only reason we can't use their standard assignment template is that it
>>assigns all code in "eCos" which is something eCosCentric cannot be
>>expected to do as eCosCentric develops extensions to eCos which are not to
>>be assigned.
>

> Are there any other FSF projects which have a commercial company
> associated?  Like Wine/crossover office?

I've looked up that one, and WINE is not assigned to the FSF. I'll try to
think of some other companies where the main project is assigned to the
FSF but other bits wouldn't be. I know that Red Hat and Novell/SuSE do
have a blanket assignment anyway, so not them.

> Could you could find such a
> setup which have already been through this process and use there
> assignemt. Ask the company for a copy of what they used. You would
> then have a strong position to argue from that the FSF accepted this
> exact wording before, so there is no need for the legal people to be
> really involved.....

I've already asked this of the FSF directly in prior correspondence and
they claimed no-one's ever raised this before.

Jifl