* Patch selection for porting configtool to wxwidgets2.6
@ 2007-05-15  6:31 Emmet Hikory
From: Emmet Hikory @ 2007-05-15  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

eCos Maintainers,
    I am working on a project to remove all remaining dependencies on
wxwindows 2.4 from Ubuntu.  Looking through the eCos mailing lists, I
have encountered two candidate patches that would migrate the
configtool to wxwidgets2.6, as follows:

1)  http://www.xylanta.com/Content/Downloads/eCos/ct_wx260.zip from
Andy Jackson
2)  http://www.mr.inf.tu-dresden.de/eCos/ct060628.patch.gz from Lars Poeschel

    Neither appears to have been committed to CVS, and I wondered if
there were any specific problems with either patch implementation, and
also which might be a better starting point when applying a patch for
use in Ubuntu.

    Thank you for your advice.

--
Emmet HIKORY

* Re: Patch selection for porting configtool to wxwidgets2.6
@ 2007-05-15  7:39 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2007-05-15  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmet Hikory; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Hi Emmet

Emmet Hikory wrote:

>    I am working on a project to remove all remaining dependencies on
> wxwindows 2.4 from Ubuntu.  Looking through the eCos mailing lists, I
> have encountered two candidate patches that would migrate the
> configtool to wxwidgets2.6, as follows:
>
> 1)  http://www.xylanta.com/Content/Downloads/eCos/ct_wx260.zip from
> Andy Jackson
> 2)  http://www.mr.inf.tu-dresden.de/eCos/ct060628.patch.gz from Lars
> Poeschel
>
>    Neither appears to have been committed to CVS, and I wondered if
> there were any specific problems with either patch implementation, and
> also which might be a better starting point when applying a patch for
> use in Ubuntu.

Andy Jackson's patch provides the migration of the configtool to
wxWindows 2.6.x. Lars Poeschel's patch adds autoconfigury which is not
necessarily desirable if you want to develop using an IDE such as
Eclipse/CDT.

I have been experimenting with Andy Jackson's patch - it doesn't work
under Linux (FC5) unmodified. I suggest you start with Andy Jackson's
patch and modify as necessary.

Please keep in touch with your progress...

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited

* Re: Patch selection for porting configtool to wxwidgets2.6
@ 2007-05-15  8:07   ` Emmet Hikory
From: Emmet Hikory @ 2007-05-15  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Dallaway; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

On 5/15/07, John Dallaway <jld@ecoscentric.com> wrote:
> Andy Jackson's patch provides the migration of the configtool to
> wxWindows 2.6.x. Lars Poeschel's patch adds autoconfigury which is not
> necessarily desirable if you want to develop using an IDE such as
> Eclipse/CDT.
>
> I have been experimenting with Andy Jackson's patch - it doesn't work
> under Linux (FC5) unmodified. I suggest you start with Andy Jackson's
> patch and modify as necessary.

    Thanks a lot for the advice.  I'll start from there, and prepare a
patch.  I'm working from the released ecos-2.0.i386linux.tar.bz2, but
I have a local snapshot of CVS, and will try to make patches for each.
 I'm not sure if they'll compile for FC5, but at least for linux.

--

@ 2007-05-15  8:27     ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2007-05-15  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmet Hikory; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Hi Emmet

Emmet Hikory wrote:

> On 5/15/07, John Dallaway <jld@ecoscentric.com> wrote:
>> Andy Jackson's patch provides the migration of the configtool to
>> wxWindows 2.6.x. Lars Poeschel's patch adds autoconfigury which is not
>> necessarily desirable if you want to develop using an IDE such as
>> Eclipse/CDT.
>>
>> I have been experimenting with Andy Jackson's patch - it doesn't work
>> under Linux (FC5) unmodified. I suggest you start with Andy Jackson's
>> patch and modify as necessary.
>
>    Thanks a lot for the advice.  I'll start from there, and prepare a
> patch.  I'm working from the released ecos-2.0.i386linux.tar.bz2, but
> I have a local snapshot of CVS, and will try to make patches for each.
> I'm not sure if they'll compile for FC5, but at least for linux.

eCos 2.0 is now very old and we advise all developers to work from CVS
pending the next formal release.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited