* Code contribution
       [not found] <b44791530804170551p1a173535yccecccccd598bfa8@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-04-17 12:53 ` Vitali Fridliand
From: Vitali Fridliand @ 2008-04-17 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Dear maintainers,

I have made a port of eCOS Redboot to ST Microelectronics SPEArNet MCU.
The port includes Redboot RAMROM configuration, ROM configuration,
ethernet driver for the integrated MAC110, serial driver for the
integrated RS323.

How it would be possible to contribute the port to the code base?

With best regards,
Vitali Fridliand

* Re: Code contribution
@ 2008-04-17 13:24   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2008-04-17 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vitali Fridliand; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Vitali Fridliand wrote:
> Dear maintainers,
>
> I have made a port of eCOS Redboot to ST Microelectronics SPEArNet MCU.
> The port includes Redboot RAMROM configuration, ROM configuration,
> ethernet driver for the integrated MAC110, serial driver for the
> integrated RS323.
>
> How it would be possible to contribute the port to the code base?

Hi Vitali,

The first step to get out of the way is getting a copyright assignment in
place with the Free Software Foundation (FSF). To request the assignment
form, you need to first fill in the form at this link:
<http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gnulib/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future?revision=1&root=gnulib>
and email it to <assign@gnu.org>.

We should get notified when the process is complete, after which we can
look at getting the contribution incorporated. You can either create the
contribution in our bugzilla database (http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org> or
mail it to <ecos-patches@ecos.sourceware.org>. For large bodies of new
code, probably the best thing to do is send the new files in a tarball, and
any changes as a patch (usually created by something like "cvs -q diff -u5
-p").

You may find this useful:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/patches-criteria.html
http://ecos.sourceware.org/patches-generating.html
and if submitting via bugzilla:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/patches-submitting.html

Jifl
 **  Visit us at ESC Silicon Valley <http://www.embedded.com/esc/sv>  **
 **  April 15-17 2008, Booth 3012, San Jose McEnery Convention Center **
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine