* eCos 3.0 updates
@ 2009-02-24 16:31 Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-02-24 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Maintainers

I assume that checkin/updates for this go on the ecos-v3_0-branch?

* Re: eCos 3.0 updates
@ 2009-02-24 16:59 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2009-02-24 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Gary Thomas wrote:
> I assume that checkin/updates for this go on the ecos-v3_0-branch?

Yes but primarily for fixes only. Anything more major should probably be
double-checked on this list. See mail from jld of 2009-02-22 09:17:

"The ecos-v3_0-branch is now tagged and unfrozen. However, please limit
changes on this branch to patches which directly address issues in the
eCos 3.0 beta 1 release.

It would be helpful to ensure that a Bugzilla issue is raised (version
== "3.0beta1") for each patch so we can readily review what has been
fixed and what is outstanding."

Jifl
--
*See us at Embedded World 2009, Nürnberg, Germany, 3-5 Mar, Stand 11-300*
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine

* Re: eCos 3.0 updates
@ 2009-02-24 17:07   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-02-24 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Gary Thomas wrote:
>> I assume that checkin/updates for this go on the ecos-v3_0-branch?
>
> Yes but primarily for fixes only. Anything more major should probably be
> double-checked on this list. See mail from jld of 2009-02-22 09:17:
>
> "The ecos-v3_0-branch is now tagged and unfrozen. However, please limit
> changes on this branch to patches which directly address issues in the
> eCos 3.0 beta 1 release.
>
> It would be helpful to ensure that a Bugzilla issue is raised (version
> == "3.0beta1") for each patch so we can readily review what has been
> fixed and what is outstanding."

Fair enough; I was going to commit a change for BZ #1000672

I assume that whatever goes in on this branch eventually gets
merged to the trunk?

* Re: eCos 3.0 updates
@ 2009-02-24 17:12     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2009-02-24 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Gary Thomas wrote:
> Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>> Gary Thomas wrote:
>>> I assume that checkin/updates for this go on the ecos-v3_0-branch?
>> Yes but primarily for fixes only. Anything more major should probably be
>> double-checked on this list. See mail from jld of 2009-02-22 09:17:
>>
>> "The ecos-v3_0-branch is now tagged and unfrozen. However, please limit
>> changes on this branch to patches which directly address issues in the
>> eCos 3.0 beta 1 release.
>>
>> It would be helpful to ensure that a Bugzilla issue is raised (version
>> == "3.0beta1") for each patch so we can readily review what has been
>> fixed and what is outstanding."
>
> Fair enough; I was going to commit a change for BZ #1000672
>
> I assume that whatever goes in on this branch eventually gets
> merged to the trunk?

Nope, I don't think there's any plan to do that - please double-commit to
both instead.

Jifl